Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Took a taser ride today, Wowskies

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 04:19 PM
2nd Gear
Default Took a taser ride today, Wowskies

So, after 50 freaking hours of training we were issued our tasers. Well part of the training is being hit by one. Let me tell you that it was quite a humbling experience. Once those probes are in you and you hear that clicking sound of electricty being passed throughout your muscles, you're done. Does it hurt? YES, but immediately after the pulses are done being delivered you are perfectly fine aside from feeling a bit worn out. Imagine flexing every muscle in your body as hard as you could and that somewhat describes the feeling. After watching countless hours of video and hearing testimony from both pro/con Taser groups I can't believe that people still want to ban them. What drives me nuts is the public is given the wrong impression because of the news. All the news says is "50,000 volts!!!" or "Man dies AFTER being tased". The news never mentions that 50,000v is NOWHERE near dangerous, amps are dangerous to a person and the taser on delivers .07amps. As for the few Taser deaths, every death has occurred AFTER being tased and not during. All death cases that were initially blamed on a Taser were later ruled drug related etc.

Just wanted to share a few facts and see what others thought. Please dont post the countless videos/articles of officers abusing the taser, I am talking about those who practice PROPER use.

"dont tase me bro" i got that quote out of the way for you

Old 05-29-2008, 05:03 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Took a taser ride today, Wowskies

Nice. Did they shoot you with rubber bullets too?

Old 05-29-2008, 05:08 PM
1st Gear

I've only heard of one death by a taser. It was near me. He didnt die from being tased but he died later on.
Its stupid. Jackass people used the taser and ****. They are fine..well they were never fine to begin with, but they are still alive and kicking :-P

Old 05-29-2008, 06:06 PM
2nd Gear

Is it just one stun and you're on the ground, or do they keep it on to keep you down?

Old 05-29-2008, 06:11 PM
2nd Gear

auto 5 seconds or as long as you hold the trigger, ur down in a split second

Old 05-29-2008, 07:16 PM
1st Gear

we find them in cars at work sometimes. next time we find one should i have people give me money to do it?

Old 05-29-2008, 09:31 PM
SoCal Crew Member/White Devil

^ yes and film it then post it that will be one of the most awesome things ever.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:41 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

I wanna try!

Old 05-29-2008, 10:57 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: vnv727

Well not exactly-

VANCOUVER - The electrical shock from a police Taser stun gun could cause cardiac arrest, a Vancouver heart surgeon told a Taser inquiry Tuesday.
"One can conclude the risk of death from a Taser is small but not insignificant," said Dr. Michael Janusz, a heart surgeon at Vancouver General Hospital.
"Tasers must be regarded as being capable of causing cardiac arrest," he said. "The device appears to be safer for all concerned, including bystanders, than guns and clubs, but its consequences are not trivial."

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/s...0-f7c9c3cc1d9c

That is not to say they shouldn't be used, but it is not true that they are 100% safe for all people. Just something to keep in mind.

That is one doctor's opinion. Show me a case where the medical examiner's final report lists the primary cause of death asTaser. You can find an opinion from a doctor to support or oppose anything on the internet, as I recall we had a thread where one doctor boasted jerkin off was good for you. Countless tests have been conducted which show that the Taser does not alter the heart rhythm at all. We even had a volunteer who took a hit for 1 minute 30 seconds, all his vitals were stable for the entire duration. How this man walks around with ***** that large, I may never know. Is there going to be a case eventually where some freak accident happens and the Taser is eventually found to be the cause of death, yup. I will of course concede that nothing is 100% safe. Even OC spray has killed people.So far the track record is perfect, however there is one case in Frederick County MD where the ME is still unsure. Sadly some ME's around this area don't believe in Excited Delirium. Regardless, great tool. We finally have a way to put down knife and blunt weapon wielders without firing a round into their head.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:02 PM
4th Gear

^^Actually, I've read in several places that a reasonable frequency of masturbation in males in their twenties can lead to a reduced risk of prostate cancer later in life; mostly due to "flushing" out the system on a regular basis. /Off Topic

But that's pretty cool that you did that. Did it leave any marks/burns?

Quick Reply: Took a taser ride today, Wowskies