Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Tipping your waiter/waitress: I have an unusual problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 07:37 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Tipping your waiter/waitress: I have an unusual problem

I guess Vegas is different, but this is a tipping town. Tip well to people who do a good job, and people remember that, and you get stellar service next time. I can get into pretty much any club/restaurant in town, anytime, regardless of how busy they are, because I take care of the people who take care of me. Maybe it's an Italian thing, but it's worked for me.

Plus, everyone is saying that if people do a bad job serving, don't tip them anything. Sure, that makes sense, but the topic poster here didn't say anything bad about the service. The only reason he stated for not tipping is that it felt wierd. I'd be willing to bet however, that next time his service will be pretty crappy, because now everyone in the joint thinks he's a cheapskate.

Old 12-30-2005, 07:41 PM
1st Gear

As a general rule, I tip 10% as long as the service is satisfactory, 15-20% if the service is exceptional or the waitress is really hot

Old 12-31-2005, 01:43 AM
3rd Gear

20% for a good job.
30% if she's hot.
40% if she's hot and wants to play with you after her shifts done.

Old 12-31-2005, 01:55 AM
2nd Gear

if you are working there and you are just eating before/after work, no tip needed. HOWEVER, if you are there on your day off you should tip like you would when you go anywhere else.

Old 12-31-2005, 02:06 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

i have gone a few times without tipping.. one time this girl was a total bitch, and i was there with a group of friends.. she was just pissing me off sayin stupid ****.. So i finally got pissed off and said "Wow, there goes your tip" and she says "I didnt expect much out of you anyways" So I didnt tip the bitch, and the people i was with looked at me like I was the evil one.

Here in WA state, they dont get paid under minimum wage, they get paid above it, plus tips so **** them.. If i dont get good service they dont get more money.
maybe just me but I would have got her fired. I've had my own business, although small, I still had people work under me, they are what the customer sees and if they don't want to play by the rules and damn near talk your ear off with frienly thing, they can hit the road, I can find someone to replace them.

Old 12-31-2005, 10:33 PM
2nd Gear

i definately think you should have tipped. The reason waiters and waitresses get a larger cuof the tip is b/c their wage is so low it all gets taxed away. The tips is the only money they make! honestly, i'm suprised you get ANY cut of the tips in the kitchen (though its good that you do). where i have worked, the kitchen does not see a dime from the tips, they get sry and thats that.

So since you didnt tip, in most cases thatd mean that the waiter/waitress just served you and work and got absolutely nothing for it since their 3.00 an hour isnt even enough to pay their taxes. Not only should you tip, you should tip 20% of the REGULER meal price, not even the discounted meal price.

but it really depends on the wage your servers get. here in florida it is ALWAYS 3.00 an hour plus tips.

Old 12-31-2005, 11:37 PM
Administrator

here in WA, they get regular pay.. like 8 an hour.. depends on what restaurant.. but never below minimum wage

Old 01-01-2006, 12:23 AM
2nd Gear

honestly in any case i wouldve tipped b/c itd be awkward not to you know? since you're unsure

Old 01-01-2006, 12:26 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

I guess Vegas is different, but this is a tipping town. Tip well to people who do a good job, and people remember that, and you get stellar service next time. I can get into pretty much any club/restaurant in town, anytime, regardless of how busy they are, because I take care of the people who take care of me. Maybe it's an Italian thing, but it's worked for me.

Plus, everyone is saying that if people do a bad job serving, don't tip them anything. Sure, that makes sense, but the topic poster here didn't say anything bad about the service. The only reason he stated for not tipping is that it felt wierd. I'd be willing to bet however, that next time his service will be pretty crappy, because now everyone in the joint thinks he's a cheapskate.

honeslty i think thats pretty well said. i dunno why anyone else is even posting theres no reason to arguing with that

Old 01-01-2006, 03:44 AM
4th Gear

cus its a forum and I like being difficult. Yeah, I agree with about half of it.

Quick Reply: Tipping your waiter/waitress: I have an unusual problem