Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Tip my mechanic?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 09:01 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Tip my mechanic?

ORIGINAL: qUaTtRoA4

my mechanic charges 89$ an hour, right now my car is in the shop for 21 hours and a thousand dollars worth of parts...

there is no fu,king way i could afford eating out, let alone tipping the people who are bending me over the side of my car...

no tip for the mechanic!

when I have welding work done, I do usually leave a tip, but he does work for free sometimes, so it all evens out
Ouch whats the $3000+ repairing?

Old 02-26-2008, 10:37 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Trey25

This is how I feel, and I'm a mechanic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwqtaKRS3IE
Such an amazing f*cking scene. I seriously love Quentin, hes amazing.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Rhinop21

ORIGINAL: qUaTtRoA4

my mechanic charges 89$ an hour, right now my car is in the shop for 21 hours and a thousand dollars worth of parts...

there is no fu,king way i could afford eating out, let alone tipping the people who are bending me over the side of my car...

no tip for the mechanic!

when I have welding work done, I do usually leave a tip, but he does work for free sometimes, so it all evens out
Ouch whats the $3000+ repairing?
well...last week I ordered: ($480 worth of parts)

2 motor mounts (stock), 2 tranny mounts (stock), Stern Snub, mintex red box (rear), the rear piston tool, a pint/liter (?) of pentosin brake fluid, seat guide repair kit, expansion tank cap, all four upper control arms, tie rod ends

the stuff I am having done is:

oil pan gasket is leaking, cam seal leaking, cam cap leaking, rear diff seals leaking, brake resevoir is cracked (replace), brake fluid flush, tranny flush (og. tranny fluid 118k old), oil cooler/hoses clamps need to be replaced, center diff. service, while they are doing this they are going to toss on the new motor mounts as well.

for the above services i was quoted 2k [>:]

but I made a deal with the owner, and the deal is that he will also do clutch and tranny monts for an aditional 600

so the grand total of the maintenance listed above is 2600 and the parts i paid for were 480

so, a lil more than 3k

I am giong to do new rear pads and rotors, upper control arms, tie rod ends, fix my stupid seat guide

at least my car will be practically brand new when I get it back![sm=pimp.gif]

originally this money was going towards paint and bodywork[sm=violin.gif]

oh well, everyone needs to toss some money in the market, my stocks need to make a serious comeback!

for the last few months my stocks have been consistantly dropping a quarter or so a day[:@]