Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

ticketed.... BIG TIME

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 06:41 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: ticketed.... BIG TIME

Don't think he'll have much luck in beating those citations. The wreckless driving citation alone warrants license revokation and I think that apply in most states.

Old 11-09-2005, 08:11 PM
2nd Gear

i persoanlly think if you're doing something small, not completely crazy, and get pulled over, just dont do anything stupid. be nice, take your ticket, get over it.

Now if you're already daring enough to be doing something that your license can be taken for, like for instance going 125+mph on a city street (not that i would) and you pass a cop... just keep going. If he's still well in sight and following you pretty well after 10 seconds you're screwed, but the chances are he wont be. Have you ever tried to chase someone down that passes you at twice your speed or more? not very easy.

Now if you're going 125+mph on the highway (once again, don't get the idea i'm saying i'd do that haha) and theres a cop going the other way, the only thing he could possibly do is report that he saw it. there is no way in hell he would be able to slow down from 65-75mph, turn around, and then catch you. But of course he could radio it in. So what you do is just take the next exit and lay low for half an hour. done deal.

anyways going that fast is dumb in the first place, but if i have to b/c there is a gun to my head, thats what i would do.

now if you want another stupid mythical daring way to get out of it: first turn the car off and let it cruise to a stop. you tell the cop your brakes werent working and you panicked and hit the wrong pedal, and your cruise control took over and kept accelerating and finally you just realized you could turn your car off and let it roll to a stop. yeahhhh hahahahaha

Old 11-09-2005, 08:45 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: ckandes1

Now if you're going 125+mph on the highway (once again, don't get the idea i'm saying i'd do that haha) and theres a cop going the other way, the only thing he could possibly do is report that he saw it. there is no way in hell he would be able to slow down from 65-75mph, turn around, and then catch you. But of course he could radio it in. So what you do is just take the next exit and lay low for half an hour. done deal.
I can tell you from first hand experience that this is incorrect. A cop was going the opposite direction of me with a large divider of grass/trees between us on the interstate. I saw him first, got on the brakes, he turned on his radar, he got me at around 88mph and then turned hard into the median to come after me. Sure, it took him a while, but he was coming for me. He didn't care how long it took. I would not counsel to speed up to 160 and try to make it to an exit, because then you would have more charges pending.

Like you said - take your ticket and get over it.

Old 11-09-2005, 11:07 PM
5th Gear

grouse, since you started visiting the forum i've always known there was something about you i didn't like...at first i thought it was the constant negativity, bitching, and know-it-all attitude that your posts usually have....now i realize the real reason behind my sentiments....you're a pig! thanks for the clarification, bud.

Old 11-09-2005, 11:23 PM
4th Gear

^^^ Brian and i think so much alike.

Old 11-10-2005, 04:02 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Grouse

LOL...

I pulled a chick over 4 times in the same spot in 3 days.

the first 3 times she gave us a sob story, Bf broke up,
bf got in accident (i wrote the report on the accident)
bf got back together in the hospital,
4th time she said she knew i would not ticket her.

I handed her the 4 tickets for 30 over each time. In Oregon you have 1 year to right a ticket as long as it was documented.

it came to like 1900 dollars in tickets.

I've allways chuckled at her stupidity
[/quote

Ahm, that 's not funny?

Your in the wrong place for story's like that.
Speeding is not a crime, it's an infraction.
What's that got to do with serve and protect?
I was just cruisin along on the Interstate and got a ticket for 27 over and I wasn't even aware I was going that fast.
I need to be goin at least 120 to start having to pay attention in my car.

People on this forum think we should have a f*ckn autobahn here in americar. I'd be cruisin around at 150 plus on a regular basis because thats a comfortable speed for me on open highway.

It's the losers who wont stay out of the left lane that are dangerous. Not moving over or trying to not let you pass, those motherf*ckers need to be shot. But the least you can do is give tickets for not moving over and not useing a directional. And people who roadrage should be charged with assault.

I think it's pretty weak when someone flips me the finger driving when they would never even look at me cross to my face outside of a car.

F*ckn don't get me started man....

Old 11-10-2005, 03:56 PM
3rd Gear

Bend over and take your medicine

Old 11-11-2005, 04:21 AM
4th Gear

LOL omfg i cannot believe u typed that

ORIGINAL: audiboy1618

Yeah,My advice is next time your friend drives like that(which i think we all do at certain times) is whenever he knows the cop is getting these charges on his is dont stop. I know if i would get caught doing a highspeed run(which is stupid) the last think i would be doing is pulling over. I would rather add evading onto the rap sheet then just kindly pull over and him take my license.

Old 11-11-2005, 05:50 AM

Yea well hes screwed. Hes lucky he got 98 and not 100. In cali on the streets 100 is qutomatic reckless driving. Oo well, yelling at him for his friend wont do much. Im sure he knows his friend is an idiot. try this site but dont think it will do much http://www.ticketassassin.com/
I got pulled over recently and got out of it. I was leaving a yachat our school rented for a senior cruise and it was a costume party. We went as braveheart and were in kilts (old catholic school girl skirts) and face paint. I was 20 over and teh cop was nice, got a kick out of the costumes, told me to slow down b/c of the drunks in the local bars and tehn asked us a couple thing about our football team.

I also have ran and got away. I was liek 2 blocks from my house, acted like i didnt see the cop and proceed home as normal. Cop never got behind my car b/c he had to u turn, need less to say my car was in my garage before he got to my street.

Old 11-15-2005, 01:02 AM
3rd Gear

HOLY ****!!! he was doing 95 on 287....what time of day can you do 95 on 287....dear lord....lol.....i think hes pretty screwed..hes jsut lucky he wasnt caught in the construction...

--E