Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

ticketed.... BIG TIME

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 01:47 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: ticketed.... BIG TIME

dan908, it was a b7 2.0t, so that wont work. checkmyvitals, clearly my buddy is somewhat fucked. I turned to you AF guys for help because there are lots of knowledgable people here. i was hoping to help him out a little. thanks to all y'all that helped. pturbo, thats an interesting strategy. good to know.

Old 11-09-2005, 01:49 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: CheckMyVitals

there's nothing you can do... you're buddy is f*cked
pay your **** and live with it

i hate these f*cking threads
While that is true, judges do have latitude in these situations. Even small things can matter. If his buddy cuts his hair, dresses for court, pulls his effing pants up, and doesn't maintain a smug look on his face while in front of the judge - he could get less than if he does the exact opposite as described above. And that is just the beginning. His buddy was stupid already - and got caught. That doesn't mean that he has to pay the max penalty in every way by maintaining a stupid posture. I think that is what the thread could be about. Best case anyway.

Old 11-09-2005, 02:06 AM
2nd Gear

Yeah really I contemplated responding to this a few times, but in the end decided I would put up the law about traffic studies, it is why I have a job and tax payers pay me. I think appearing in court would be a lot smarter for your friend. And next time he wants to fight a ticket, fight it at the cop.

For example, tell the cop thank you, I am trying to sue the city for not maintaining the proper speed limit and I cannot bring a lawsuit with out having a ticket because that would be a frivolous lawsuit. Then tell them about "researching the streets that the speed limit is not legitimate on and your quest to fix it. He'll either give you the ticket for being so cocky or let you go because he thinks you really are gonna fight it in court and he's gonna get shafted. Cops like the easy target.

Old 11-09-2005, 02:16 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: dan908

or let you go because he thinks you really are gonna fight it in court and he's gonna get shafted.
Shafted how? The cop giving you a ticket has nothing to lose unless you are some crooked politician's kid. The cop says "I pointed my radar. He was exceeding the limit" and the judge goes "Ok. Next!"

Old 11-09-2005, 03:03 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: pturbo

ORIGINAL: CheckMyVitals

there's nothing you can do... you're buddy is f*cked
pay your **** and live with it

i hate these f*cking threads
While that is true, judges do have latitude in these situations. Even small things can matter. If his buddy cuts his hair, dresses for court, pulls his effing pants up, and doesn't maintain a smug look on his face while in front of the judge - he could get less than if he does the exact opposite as described above. And that is just the beginning. His buddy was stupid already - and got caught. That doesn't mean that he has to pay the max penalty in every way by maintaining a stupid posture. I think that is what the thread could be about. Best case anyway.
i was addressing the loophole bullshit.

Old 11-09-2005, 03:04 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: dan908

Yeah really I contemplated responding to this a few times, but in the end decided I would put up the law about traffic studies, it is why I have a job and tax payers pay me. I think appearing in court would be a lot smarter for your friend. And next time he wants to fight a ticket, fight it at the cop.

For example, tell the cop thank you, I am trying to sue the city for not maintaining the proper speed limit and I cannot bring a lawsuit with out having a ticket because that would be a frivolous lawsuit. Then tell them about "researching the streets that the speed limit is not legitimate on and your quest to fix it. He'll either give you the ticket for being so cocky or let you go because he thinks you really are gonna fight it in court and he's gonna get shafted. Cops like the easy target.
this has to be the most retarded post i've seen in a while. kudos.

Old 11-09-2005, 03:20 AM
4th Gear

When my sister was in highschool, her date got pulled over by a cop. The officer said that he was going to "have to give him a citation", at which point my sister chimed up with a cheery "Well, at least he isn't giving you a ticket." The cop laughed, shook his head and told the guy that he would give him a break because it appeared that he already had enough problems. True story.

Old 11-09-2005, 03:32 AM
3rd Gear

^^^^^ hahahaha now thats funny

Old 11-09-2005, 03:11 PM
4th Gear

that's awesome

Old 11-09-2005, 03:25 PM
2nd Gear

LOL...

I pulled a chick over 4 times in the same spot in 3 days.

the first 3 times she gave us a sob story, Bf broke up,
bf got in accident (i wrote the report on the accident)
bf got back together in the hospital,
4th time she said she knew i would not ticket her.

I handed her the 4 tickets for 30 over each time. In Oregon you have 1 year to right a ticket as long as it was documented.

it came to like 1900 dollars in tickets.

I've allways chuckled at her stupidity.

Quick Reply: ticketed.... BIG TIME