Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ticket--> No license until Aug 15th

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 08:52 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Ticket--> No license until Aug 15th

Hans - Do you have diplomatic plates? If so, why?

And yeah, you are right about certain cars getting by with a lot more. I still think that some of the guys that constantly complain about the cops on here are doing stupid $hit at an hour when cops are out looking around for stupid $hit. You have to stick out a bit to compete with the other idiots on the road, various other criminals, etc. for the cops' attention. If you don't stick out and you pick your times to be a little wild, you can do just about anything. If this wasn't true, then I would be under some jail right now.

If you hit the streets right after the bars close, roll down the windows so that it is easier to yell at people, crank the tunes and occasionally squeal the tires - then the cops aren't harrassing you. You are begging for it.

//I'm not saying that DJ was doing any of the above....

Old 07-10-2006, 09:09 PM
4th Gear

Yeah, I think they were just bored & had to meet their quota for tickets for the month of July.

but seriously... actual crimes are happening instead they give me the ticket... bucnha llamas

Old 07-10-2006, 09:47 PM
2nd Gear

I feel your pain, i get hasseled by cops all the time. I always try to drive extra carefull the last week of every month, so as not to help any cops meet their monthly quotas.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:08 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: pturbo

Hans - Do you have diplomatic plates? If so, why?

And yeah, you are right about certain cars getting by with a lot more. I still think that some of the guys that constantly complain about the cops on here are doing stupid $hit at an hour when cops are out looking around for stupid $hit. You have to stick out a bit to compete with the other idiots on the road, various other criminals, etc. for the cops' attention. If you don't stick out and you pick your times to be a little wild, you can do just about anything. If this wasn't true, then I would be under some jail right now.

If you hit the streets right after the bars close, roll down the windows so that it is easier to yell at people, crank the tunes and occasionally squeal the tires - then the cops aren't harrassing you. You are begging for it.

//I'm not saying that DJ was doing any of the above....
Ditto on the not sticking out and picking the right time. No, unfortunately no diplomat plates for me, but some of my friends in college had them, as they're also issued to family members of foreign diplomatic mission officials and staff. They didn't abuse them, in fact they were more courteous drivers than me, but if they were to misbehave they would doubtlessly get warnings and not tickets.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:13 PM
4th Gear

That's good they were courteous. I would be hell on wheels with diplo plates.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:15 PM
3rd Gear

It's a little harsh to say that I must be on crack. I just don't live in the ghetto. I've been driving a car for 11 years and have never been pulled over for doing nothing wrong. It's just hard for me to hear that cops are corrupted and what not. I have 2 friends that are cops and they are probably the best people I have ever known. They put their lives on the line for the rest of us to be safe. I didn't mean to sound out of line but it is hard to believe that people are pulled over just for the hell of it. Just my two cents...

Old 07-11-2006, 01:27 PM
1st Gear

I find it funny that the cop pulls you over for running the "yellow" light and searches your car b/c you were swerving and what not.

Then you say you want them to pull over the people with guns/drugs in their trunks.

How exactly do you think they pull over those criminals??? Exactly the same way they pulled you over. Only they didn't find drugs/guns like they were hoping for so they gave you some b/s tickets. I mean they knew you could get the ins one thrown out and you would have to pay a running red light ticket. You got the one that does the least damage to you. Sounds like they were gunning for you?