Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ticket--> No license until Aug 15th

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 01:15 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Ticket--> No license until Aug 15th

ORIGINAL: cary12

You should have no problem with cops if you are following the law and doing nothing wrong. The only people that hate cops are the ones that are braking the law and getting caught.

THAT is definitely wrong, I've had far more problems from cops when I was obeying all the laws than not. I KNOW when I've screwed up and am willing to pay the price. Until that point, I've had nothing but trouble, lip, threats, profiling, and bad experiences with them. There were a couple of cops written up in my home town for following kids working at McDonalds and Wal Mart on late shifts home and pulling them over. The cops were cruising the store lots for tags with close-to-expiring dates, college/High school parking stickers, and 'ricer' mods and pulling them over for all kinds of stupid reasons, mostly because they were bored. The kicker was that TN has curfew laws, but people working past curfew hours are exempt. Its pretty obvious when these kids are walking out af 11:30-2 AM wearing Wal-Mart/McDonalds uniforms that they qualify for the exemption but they were getting pulled over and harassed anyways. Half of them were over 18 anyways, the cops werent asking for their ID's until they were done messing with them. Those cops got into a lot of trouble after the stores and parents threatened the PD with legal action for harassing their workers. And my hometown has one of the worst 9-1-1 response rates in the nation, over 10,000 calls a year ignored, passed over, or not responded to. I have more of a problem with bored cops when I'm doing what I'm supposed to than when I'm not because of that....

Old 07-10-2006, 01:46 AM
4th Gear

Sounds like they were just out to hastle you. I hate4 it when they do that. better luck next time.

Old 07-10-2006, 04:00 AM
4th Gear

Just because of what he said about cops Dj is my new best friend.

Old 07-10-2006, 04:47 AM
1st Gear

::shines flashlight in DJ Spiel's face:: You know why I pulled you over? Yeah - exactly, you're a 22 year old in an Audi A4. Is that trance music I hear?!?!?

But seriously, this is why I didn't get an A4 - I wouldn't be able to get out of the driveway without getting pulled over. A4 and BMW 3s get harrassed soooo much, its unbelievable!

Old 07-10-2006, 05:39 AM
4th Gear

hahaha... thanks SAudi

ORIGINAL: SAudi

Just because of what he said about cops Dj is my new best friend.

Old 07-10-2006, 05:41 AM
4th Gear

When I had my A4,96 all decked out. I got sh** from cops at 2am. Pulled up next to me....why u take stop sign? I didnt take stop sign "I STOPPED" Cops--->" Yeah ,W-E... I see that ****** toy box of yours again Imma ****** tow it"

Exactly in those werds!

ORIGINAL: HansBlix

::shines flashlight in DJ Spiel's face:: You know why I pulled you over? Yeah - exactly, you're a 22 year old in an Audi A4. Is that trance music I hear?!?!?

But seriously, this is why I didn't get an A4 - I wouldn't be able to get out of the driveway without getting pulled over. A4 and BMW 3s get harrassed soooo much, its unbelievable!

Old 07-10-2006, 12:06 PM
2nd Gear

A4 and BMW 3s get harrassed soooo much, its unbelievable!

Thats why you move somewhere that Audis are not that common. Then when you get stopped, its cuz the locals want to know what event you won in the Olympics to WIN an Official car of the Olympics. Ah, ignorance is bliss

Old 07-10-2006, 12:11 PM
4th Gear

thats verbal assalt and I would hang him for it if he actualy wanted to start somethihng.
ORIGINAL: Dj Spiel

When I had my A4,96 all decked out. I got sh** from cops at 2am. Pulled up next to me....why u take stop sign? I didnt take stop sign "I STOPPED" Cops--->" Yeah ,W-E... I see that ****** toy box of yours again Imma ****** tow it"

Exactly in those werds!

Old 07-10-2006, 05:56 PM
1st Gear

They caught you ridding dirty LOL

Old 07-10-2006, 06:14 PM
1st Gear

There is a very tangible benefit to driving a car that looks like your parents' car. I'm 23 (but look 17 or 18) and drive a 99 A8 - needless to say cops won't even glance at. They already know that my papers will be in order, and that my "parents" could be "very upset" at them if I were given a ticket or treated in a rude manner.

For a very real example of this trend go to the northen suburbs of Washington DC - teenagers in expensive cars and SUVs are untouchable there, cops have just given up pulling them over for various traffic offenses. And I've never been pulled over period! Thats 7+ years of driving. And if you've got Diplomat plates - every sidewalk is a potential parking space reserved for, you guessed it - you!

Quick Reply: Ticket--> No license until Aug 15th