Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ticket--> No license until Aug 15th

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 06:35 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Ticket--> No license until Aug 15th

Are you in Cali? Cops do that **** all the time to the ricer crowd in order to get under the hood and shell out illegal modification/smog violation tickets. They know the kids cant defend themselves, cant afford a lawyer, dont know how to deal with cops and can generally be pushed around. Go search Youtube or Google video, they actually posted the training video they use to teach their cops how to recognize non-OEM parts. But it all starts with a 'you didnt stop completely', 'you did not heed the advised speed in the corner (yellow speed limit signs in turns and on on-ramps- you cant be ticketed for those since they arent a speed limit, only an advisory. You can only be ticketed for a white speed limit sign.)', 'routine safety check', 'exhaust noise', 'your car matches the description of.....' BS cop buzzwords that have enough plausible deniability to be used in court without lying.

Old 07-09-2006, 06:54 PM
1st Gear

Yeah, I am in Ca. and I have four sons that are all gear heads. 28,26,22,20 (take after their dad..) I know the BS some cops have tried to put them through all too well. I (we) also have friends and family that are cops, and they’re the first to me what dicks some of their associates can be, and how those few get a kick out of intimidating the kids. Trust me, most of the cops are not like that. The best thing to do is (respectfully!!) refuse a search and tell them to get a warrant. They’ll try every play on words to get around it, but stay cool and stick with your rights.

ORIGINAL: Propagandalf

Are you in Cali? Cops do that **** all the time to the ricer crowd in order to get under the hood and shell out illegal modification/smog violation tickets. They know the kids cant defend themselves, cant afford a lawyer, dont know how to deal with cops and can generally be pushed around. Go search Youtube or Google video, they actually posted the training video they use to teach their cops how to recognize non-OEM parts. But it all starts with a 'you didnt stop completely', 'you did not heed the advised speed in the corner (yellow speed limit signs in turns and on on-ramps- you cant be ticketed for those since they arent a speed limit, only an advisory. You can only be ticketed for a white speed limit sign.)', 'routine safety check', 'exhaust noise', 'your car matches the description of.....' BS cop buzzwords that have enough plausible deniability to be used in court without lying.

Old 07-09-2006, 07:01 PM
2nd Gear

My uncle's a cop, so I've definitely got some love for the 5-0....but generally the only time I'm happy to see cops is when I'm lost in the 'hood

Civil Liberties: Use 'em or lose 'em. Particularly since our constitutional rights have gotten somewhat....flexible....recently.
[/End political statement]

Old 07-09-2006, 07:08 PM
1st Gear

LOL!
I know what you mean sometimes..
The best advice I can give is STAY FRIENDLY! Don't let them see you get pissed or nervous. Just try to keep smiling no matter what. If you can get the guy to laugh, even better..

ORIGINAL: TheJazz7

My uncle's a cop, so I've definitely got some love for the 5-0....>"but generally the only time I'm happy to see cops is when I'm lost in the 'hood "<

Civil Liberties: Use 'em or lose 'em. Particularly since our constitutional rights have gotten somewhat....flexible....recently.

Old 07-09-2006, 09:52 PM
4th Gear

Well, I have vailid insurance. It's just that Friday i left my insurance card at work in my scanner. I had to scan it over to Human Resources for "gas mileage reinburstment" When I got stopped Saturday, they asked me to step out of car. Searched me then asked for my Insurance & License.

I had all they paperwork on car.. I guess thought it was stolen.

If i had possession of my insurance card at the time... the most they coulda done was gave me a ticket for "expired registration"

Old 07-09-2006, 09:54 PM
4th Gear

I dont hate all cops.... just some. It's like they are pulling em over for NOn-sense. While some bastard is prolly driving around with guns n weed in the back of his car.

ORIGINAL: TheJazz7

My uncle's a cop, so I've definitely got some love for the 5-0....but generally the only time I'm happy to see cops is when I'm lost in the 'hood

Old 07-10-2006, 12:33 AM
3rd Gear

You should have no problem with cops if you are following the law and doing nothing wrong. The only people that hate cops are the ones that are braking the law and getting caught.

Old 07-10-2006, 01:04 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Dj Spiel

Well, I have vailid insurance. It's just that Friday i left my insurance card at work in my scanner. I had to scan it over to Human Resources for "gas mileage reinburstment" When I got stopped Saturday, they asked me to step out of car. Searched me then asked for my Insurance & License.

If i had possession of my insurance card at the time... the most they coulda done was gave me a ticket for "expired registration"
And you still have to pay the no insurance ticket?? That is crap! Everywhere I've been they will give you a ticket if you dont have your card, but all you have to do is prove you had coverage at the time the ticket was written and they will throw it out.

Old 07-10-2006, 01:06 AM
4th Gear

Well, it's different in Chicago,IL then over there where you are dude. Cops are corrupted over here. I have seen it with my own 2-eyes. CPD & Sherrifs & narcotic officers. I have had my run in with the law many times. I grew up in gang infested areas I live in a fairly decent neighborhood now...just alot of car robberies.

If you sit there & say nobody should have problems with law... then I guess ur on crack or something. It's rare u find a decent cop no a days (at least in Chicago,IL) I seen to much corruption for me to start liking them.If I was infact breaking the law then they would gave me tickets for SPEEDING,Running red lights etc,etc. But they didnt.

just my 2 cents

Old 07-10-2006, 01:06 AM
4th Gear

Nope once I go to Court & show them my registration & insurance they will throw tickets out.

ORIGINAL: bluovalguy

ORIGINAL: Dj Spiel

And you still have to pay the no insurance ticket?? That is crap! Everywhere I've been they will give you a ticket if you dont have your card, but all you have to do is prove you had coverage at the time the ticket was written and they will throw it out.

Quick Reply: Ticket--> No license until Aug 15th