Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ticket--> No license until Aug 15th

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 12:19 AM
4th Gear
Default Ticket--> No license until Aug 15th

So I am coming home from watching Superman at theater. I go through a yellow light & what happens? Sirens go off.

So the cop gets out, asks me "why did I go thru a REd light" I told him it was yellow when i went thru. Then the lady officer goes "it was red"

Claiming I was SPEEDING & swerving in and out. I was like what! I wasnt speeding & swerving? I was going around bumps & potholes!!!

So i get out my car they search me. Ask me if I have a license & insurance I say yes I have both. They ask me if its valid I say yes. I search my wallet only to find my drivers license. I left my insurance card at work.

They tell me have a seat back in car.

I wait 20 mins. Listening to some trance tunes.

Cop comes back tell me Well, You have window tints,expired restiration,no insurance & no city sticker. (i just wanted to laugh cause all of it was true)haha

So im thinking im foked. The best part is he goes... your suppose to have your seatbelt on at all times. I told him I did! Until you stopped me! Once I put e-brake & car in neutral I took it off. Unbelievable.

In the end I got off lucky.

I got 2 Tickets

TICKET1
No Insurance while driving
No Registration

TICKET2
Expired Registration

Stuff thrown out.
(According to cops) Taking RED LIGHT
Front Windows tinted
No City Sticker -->I have until 15th (nothing they coulda done about that)
Speeding

Heh--I guess they got lazzy. Besides I know for a fact they knew all that **** they claimed I did was BS plain and simple.

I got no problem saying "yeah I was speeding" "yeah I was swerving im drunk"

Fukken pigs. Well Like I always say "Everytime a cop writes a ticket,they make a difference in the world"

Old 07-09-2006, 12:25 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Ticket--> No license until Aug 15th

I also like to add that The Audi A3 had (2) Appearences in SUPERMAN RETURNS

Old 07-09-2006, 05:46 AM

wow sucks. But my did u lose ur license? I dont get it, i dont think what they wrote are moving violations and i thought only those can get ur license taken. Some things gotta be missing. Gotta love being a male teenager and getting searched everytime ur pulled over.

Old 07-09-2006, 06:22 AM
4th Gear

Well, For the registration they canoot "take" license away.

Since I forgot my Insurance card.... I believe they can strip license for that.

Old 07-09-2006, 07:03 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: Dj Spiel

Since I forgot my Insurance card.... I believe they can strip license for that.
not if you have valid insurance...just show them your proof of insurance at the time you got the ticket and its a ten dollar fix-it ticket (at least that's how it is here in cali)

if you don't have valid insurance its something like a $600 dollar fine....ridiculous if you ask me but that's our wonderful "just" court system

Old 07-09-2006, 02:30 PM
2nd Gear

I think if you dont have insurance and you are driving you are a dumbass and the ticket should be alot more than $600.

Old 07-09-2006, 03:10 PM
1st Gear

No insurance huh? And that's ok…?[:'(] Let me tell you a little story about no insurance. A personal experience. Back in 1979 I was riding my 1949 HD panhead/springer that I had bought as a basket case in 1971 (Cost me 500 bucks and a 1967 Triumph Bonneville..) Anyway I restored the old Harley in my spare time. By 1979 it was fully restored and a Sunday driver. One spring Sunday afternoon I had the thing out, all alone on a country road. Had a POS Volvo come across in front of me, which I broadsided at 45 mph. I put the Harley into the front fender of the Volvo, rather than the driver's door. My quick reaction saved the drivers life. As I hit the front of the car, I took a handlebar in the guts, raked me up through the throat while my right leg was almost torn off, caught between the car and the bike. I remember lying in the oncoming lanes of traffic, 37 ft from the point of impact. No helmet…No laws in those days. The Driver: "I didn't see you!"..Feckin idiot. I found out later this scum bag also had no insurance. Had a PI check him out..wasn't worth the paper to sue him... My uninsured motorist coverage ran out after 15K, which didn't even put a dent in the bills. It took me five years to pay back the THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS that uninsured driver cost me. Not to mention the six pins in my leg, 4 broken ribs, permanently damaged esophagus, and aches and pains to this day. The 1949 Panhead was a total loss, had to sell it for parts just to pay the towing/storage bill... Oh yeah, I have a real soft spot for uninsured drivers.[:@]

>"Fukken pigs. Well Like I always say "Everytime a cop writes a ticket,they make a difference in the world."<

Lets see..my father in law is a US Marshal, my uncle is FBI, my two nephews are SWAT, my brother in law is CHP, and the best man at my wedding is a Captain in the sheriffs dept. You bet they make a difference.

ORIGINAL: Dj Spiel

So I am coming home from watching Superman at theater. I go through a yellow light & what happens? Sirens go off.

Cop comes back tell me Well, You have window tints,expired restiration,no insurance & no city sticker. (i just wanted to laugh cause all of it was true)haha

In the end I got off lucky.

I got 2 Tickets

TICKET1
No Insurance while driving
No Registration

TICKET2
Expired Registration

Heh--I guess they got lazzy. Besides I know for a fact they knew all that **** they claimed I did was BS plain and simple.

I got no problem saying "yeah I was speeding" "yeah I was swerving im drunk"

Fukken pigs. Well Like I always say "Everytime a cop writes a ticket,they make a difference in the world"

Old 07-09-2006, 03:44 PM

The "running the red light" was just an excuse to pull you over.

I know that is how it works here in NY. You never end up getting a ticket for the original offense.....but will end up with a bunch of other junk just to charge you.

I.e UPM. - twice, - didnt get the original offense ticket both times.

Old 07-09-2006, 06:03 PM
2nd Gear

The "speeding and swerving" might've just been an excuse for them to search you...if they found anything, they could say they were searching you as part of testing to determine if you were intoxicated. Did she *ask* you to get out of the car, or did she order you? Seems kinda BS to do that BEFORE asking for liscence and registration. I definitely know what it feels like to get hassled 'cause i'm young.

"Would you mind steppping out the car?"
(Politely state"I'm sorry officer, have I done something to warrent a search? I'd rather not consent to a search of my person and property"

Old 07-09-2006, 06:13 PM
1st Gear

You’re absolutely correct there Jazz7. The cops have no legal right to order you out of you car and instigate a search, without probable cause. If they want a warrant you can all sit there and wait until some judge is dug up to grant one. Usually goes over like a fart in church unless they have a REAL good reason..

ORIGINAL: TheJazz7

The "speeding and swerving" might've just been an excuse for them to search you...if they found anything, they could say they were searching you as part of testing to determine if you were intoxicated. Did she *ask* you to get out of the car, or did she order you? Seems kinda BS to do that BEFORE asking for liscence and registration. I definitely know what it feels like to get hassled 'cause i'm young.

"Would you mind steppping out the car?"
(Politely state"I'm sorry officer, have I done something to warrent a search? I'd rather not consent to a search of my person and property"

Quick Reply: Ticket--> No license until Aug 15th