Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Thought I would intoduce my Audi.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 08:22 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by fire5414
Haha, I wanted black but what can you do? I've spent $470 so far, which isn't bad I guess. What was wrong with yours?
Weird things, the person before obviously didn't take care of it... but for some reason the most common problems I have not yet happen or they were fixed already.

When I first bought it I had to replace the crank position sensor, cam position sensor, steering rack, coil packs, valve cover gasket and throttle position sensor haha there were a lot of sensors that just went out at once which sucked and I actually drove to the Audi dealership 12 miles away with the car miss-firing and what-not it was pretty scary lmao.

But now its all fixed and nothing has happen here lately that was not my fault, since I Autocross it I hit a curb after losing control and I bent my rear end tie rod and broke the hub bearing and bent the bolt that held the hub on it was pretty funny

Old 04-11-2011, 03:29 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by fire5414
I didn't rent any special tools, I have the 1.8t so no special tools are really required, atleast I don't think so. All I had were torx sockets, allen sockets, breaker bar, some extenders, and a philips and a flat head screw driver. As far as mechanical history...I can follow instructions pretty well. I'm a mechanically inclined person, this stuff just comes natural. And I guess making my living as an avionics technician helps out with some stuff, electrical stuff anyway.
Are u in the military

Old 04-11-2011, 09:11 PM
4th Gear

interesting question...

Let's see if I can recall off the top of my head...

I am, AWDaholic was, Starfish was, Joe Nelson just got out, the kid with the pic of him hanging out his sunroof just joined a couple months back (name escapes me right now for some reason, sorry), and I know there are a few more current and former military here...