Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Thinking about buying a Macbook

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 06:25 AM
Default Thinking about buying a Macbook

So im thinking of buy a macbook. The entry level, 1.83 ghz, 512 ram notebook. It will hav ethe new intel duo chip in it. Im thinking of doing it because my comp has been having alot of problems, just crashing from normal programs loading and it doesnt get along with the school firewalls and their virus detection even thou i have what they say to use. Im gonna keep my PC for downloads, teh occasional game, and any application that doesnt come for mac (im guessing alot of them) i have an external hard drive so i can pick ip documents from both comps. So basically the macbook would only be doing word (which now comes for macs ) and internet.

Who has a mac? Any problems or things to look out for when buying it. I will be getting the Apple care extended warranty b/c of my track records with computers, and im tired of having to deal with all the windows problems with spyware, malware, viruses and such when i just wanna finish the essay and go to bed (although it has never made me miss a deadline).

They have a deal with macbooks right now, i get a free nano ipod (printer if i wanted it but i already have teh same printer and its only $70 bucks and mines already brand new, and $50 off for teh model im buying (macbook pro gets like $300 or more off.)

Old 09-01-2006, 01:32 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Thinking about buying a Macbook

just dont let it catch you on fire when it explodes

Old 09-01-2006, 04:11 AM

if it does apple will be glad to pay me millions to avoid the fatty lawsuit i will drop on them.

Old 09-01-2006, 04:43 AM
5th Gear

lol no **** man...... well I hate apple so i dont have anything to say about it but my cousin has one and he seems to like it even though he is more of a PC guy

Old 09-01-2006, 05:30 AM
1st Gear

Apple is the way to go. They are really easy to use, contrary to what most people (usually the ones who have never owned a mac) say, and you will pretty much never get a virus. The new ones are incredible, and when leopard comes out it's going to be even better. Buy one dude, I garuntee you will not be dissapointed in any way. Especially if you are a video, music, editing, anything that a college student would love, type of guy.

Old 09-01-2006, 05:49 AM

yea i am, im not sure if ill be upgrading to leopard b/c im a college guy and it will be pricey, and im not getting rid of my PC im just getting a macbook on top of that. I know i will have needs that only a PC can handle and i dont wanna mess with Boot Camp.

Old 09-05-2006, 12:54 AM

anyone other opinions on this, im gonna get it tomorrow after class.

Old 09-05-2006, 01:00 AM
3rd Gear

sony makes those batteries. so sony, mac, or any other company that uses sony batteries have that problem right now....but there has been few actual occurences (i say this as i type on my Vaio laptop which sits on a wooden desk soo...knock on wood hehe)

Old 09-05-2006, 01:39 AM
4th Gear

I'm picking up a Mac soon too actually... sooooon as I am forced to reformat this laptop once again. Black, with 1GB ram. originally planning on throwing this laptop in the car, but reconsidering since I remembered the MacMini. This'll become my dling machine.

Old 09-05-2006, 01:42 AM

hahaha my pc is gonna do alot of downloading for me too.

I dont wanna throw 1400 down for a black one, so im gonna get the basic one and maybe throw 2 gig of ram in it.

Quick Reply: Thinking about buying a Macbook