Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Things to see in Italy

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 02:05 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Things to see in Italy

congrats slowwagon on your pending nuptuals. italy is awsome.

Old 06-14-2006, 06:30 PM
2nd Gear

thanks beefski...it's gonna be great!

Old 06-14-2006, 06:34 PM
2nd Gear

you hittin up the same places as apg96?

I forgot one other place in Rome, the Sistine Chapel, definitely a must see. The whole Sistine museaum is fantastic.

Old 06-14-2006, 06:57 PM
2nd Gear

My sisters are in Italy right now, they are going to be there for 6 weeks! And I'm going with my parents to visit them for a week and a half then were are going to go to Munich too. I'm pumped.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:12 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: SlowWagon08

This is great info!! I'm going there for my honeymoon in october!! I can't wait!! Beaches here I come!! hahaha
In Italian "Lido" means beach. And, there is a "Venice" beach in Italy(Lido-Venezia, actually), too. There's also a "Lido" beach, if I'm not mistaken, which would make it the Beach beach[8D]. Anyway, just a short walk up, or down (I don't remember which direction) from Venice beach is a topless beach, and, if you go a bit further, a nudie beach, too!!! So, be careful where you stare, or your marriage WILL be a short one... It may still be warm enough, in October, to get in trouble, if you're not careful

rjplunk9, where in Italy are your sisters? I think I could still remember the locations of some PRIMO (Italian, gettit?) shopping locations around Northern Italy. If they're into Ceramics, or know anyone who is, they'll HAFTA find teh city of Nove (pronounced no-vay) on a map (you can actually locate it on mapquest, if you wanted to). There's, like literally DOZENS of ceramic shops, there. Almost one on every corner, it would seem. Everything from pocket-sized to too big for an F-150...

I know I mentioned this before, but, I MISS ITALY[:'(]

Old 06-15-2006, 02:59 AM
Zombie Defense Force

lol im going to italy on july 5-20. and i was going to make a post of things to see there. guess ill just use this one.

Old 06-15-2006, 03:40 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

rjplunk9, where in Italy are your sisters? I think I could still remember the locations of some PRIMO (Italian, gettit?) shopping locations around Northern Italy. If they're into Ceramics, or know anyone who is, they'll HAFTA find teh city of Nove (pronounced no-vay) on a map (you can actually locate it on mapquest, if you wanted to). There's, like literally DOZENS of ceramic shops, there. Almost one on every corner, it would seem. Everything from pocket-sized to too big for an F-150...

I know I mentioned this before, but, I MISS ITALY[:'(]
They are living in Rome, but are traveling around on the weekends to different parts, I think that last weekend they went to Florence and will be going other places too. I'll tell them about the shopping places in northern Italy too, I'm sure they'd love that! Do you know the cities they are in? Thanks.

Old 06-16-2006, 01:13 AM
Senior Administrator

Ask them if they've come across any of teh open-air weekend (generally Thur-Sun) markets. The flea-market type (but not really flea-markets) shoppping experience is second only to actual sight-seeing, in Italy. The only two weekend marcato's I can absoutely place are Padova, on Saturday's until about 1-2pm; and Camisano (the city I used to live in, believe it or not), on Sunday's (except Easter, and any other Catholic holiday that happens to occur on a Sunday), same hours. Start around 8-9am, end 1-2pm-ish. But, if they're in Rome, it's something like a 9-10 hour train ride to Vicenza (the closest city to Camisano), and prolly 30minutes less to Padova. Never drove to Rome, so I can't say how long a drive it'd be, but, unless they're familiar with the written, and, more importantly UNWRITTEN rules of teh road, in Italy, I woulldn't recommend it... plus, they'd hafta start around 2-3 in th morning, to make it in time to shop. But, if they planned a weekender to Vicenza (see some fine old architecture by Andreas Palladio, one of Italy's MOST renowned architecs (i jus KNO i spelt that rong), snap some AWSOME pics from teh top of that mountain (whose name I forgot). Padova's only about 40-60 minutes bus ride from the Stazione in Vicenza. Camisano's only, maybe 20, but busses don't run much on Sunday's outside MAJOR metropolitan areas. Taxi should only be 20-25, u$d, from the Stazione to teh edge of Camisano.

MAN I MISS ITALY!!!

Old 06-16-2006, 06:00 PM

definatly definatly go to the Amalfi coast... soo beautiful, i went there and it was one of the coolest and most amazing places iv seen... the roads are crazy windy too... some nuts twisties

also you should go to i forget the name of the island but it has the blue grotto... also amazing
my brother and i went after hours and jumped down there and went in and chilled in that little cave for like an hour... also beautiful

have a good time

Old 06-16-2006, 06:02 PM
4th Gear

Check out the women and the wine while you are there. They won't card you. Ok, the women might.....

Quick Reply: Things to see in Italy