Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Things to see in Italy

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 06:06 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Things to see in Italy

I never got the chance to go to Venice while I was there. I was there while in college doing the study abroad thing. After the courses I stayed for an extra week with family that lives outside of Rome.

Old 06-13-2006, 06:26 PM

Jazz just send urself in a big box to my hotel. Then u can coem along and show us everything. IM def. going to use the canal alot, infact thats how we get to our hotel from the airport. The glass stuff sounds amazing, ill be sure to make sure i check it out if not just go the exact store u mentioned. I have a new camera with lots of memory card space (1gb) so i should be good for the trip. (side note, any idea how many pics that is?)

The biggest thing i want to see is the Ruins in Rome. IM super excited to see that.

@ the P. San Marcos, do u go inside the buildings? What inside them? Or is it for the amazing architecture of the buildings?

Old 06-13-2006, 06:35 PM

any tips on prevneting pick pocketing? Im thinking of bringing all my shorts with buttons on the back pocket. Also just keeping my wallet in my front pocket.

Old 06-13-2006, 06:45 PM
2nd Gear

Just be aware of your surroundings, the gypsies are the pickpockets. They even use children to distract your attention. Keep the important documents airline tkts, passports in the room safe.

I don't think buttons on the back pockets make any difference. Don't use one of those waist bags, they can be cut off and taken.
One of those wallets that go around your neck with a zipper closure is probably best.

Old 06-13-2006, 06:53 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: apg96

@ the P. San Marcos, do u go inside the buildings? What inside them? Or is it for the amazing architecture of the buildings?
Honestly, whenever I wen to teh Piazza, we usually just hung around outside, enjoyed some awsome food at one of teh eateries, or got 'faced (during carnevale, when, for obvious reasone, they don't let ANYBODY in any of teh buildings). I don't recall ever even TRYING to go in any of teh buildings. Do me a fave... TRY, and let me know if I was retarded for not trying, or prescient beyond belief

ORIGINAL: apg96

any tips on prevneting pick pocketing? Im thinking of bringing all my shorts with buttons on the back pocket. Also just keeping my wallet in my front pocket.
You cud wear some rilly, RILLY, RILLY! tight pants so you'd feel them goin for you "stuff", or just do like I always do, keep my loot in my front pocket, my plastic in an interior backpack pocket (when traveling), and I mean DEEP in teh interior, and, just for kicks, am empty "dummy" wallet in my back pocket. Usually something chintzy I get at a hotel or train station gift shop. I've lost 2, so far, in 20 years, both had 1 of teh smallest denomination of teh local currency in them, or some american coins (which banks are disinclined to convert hee-hee!)

I think I speak for everybody here when I say WEAR THE RILLY TIGHT PANTS!!! AND, a fake wallet, but, do NOT post pics, we don't wanna see your narrow ***[:'(]

No idea on how many pics a 1gb card'll hold, but I'm guessing it depends on teh resolution/quality of teh pics being saved...

Old 06-13-2006, 07:05 PM
4th Gear

ferraris and lamborghinis

Old 06-13-2006, 11:21 PM
2nd Gear

i'm jealous, i'm hoping to take a trip there next summer, maybe try to catch an f1 race while i'm over there. have a great time!

Old 06-14-2006, 01:04 AM
Senior Administrator

HEY!!! I just realized, teh last guy who "announced" they were going to Italy was ImolaS4, and he hasn't been back to the boards since then... You aren't going to fade-to-..... ... .. .

Old 06-14-2006, 01:57 AM

hahahaha funny. I was talking to my boss who is from Bombay and said that buttons on pants dont do **** b/c they have razor baldes and just cut the bottom of the pocket. IM not sure what im gonna do. Prolly just keep most moeny in the room safe, or whatever. IM not really worried about the cash b/c im not gonna keep more than $50 in my wallett. ITs my IDs and credit cards that im worried about. Especially my ATM card. IM just prolly gonna keep it in my front pocket and beware of my surroundings.

BY the way a 512mb card holds around 200 pics.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:31 PM
2nd Gear

This is great info!! I'm going there for my honeymoon in october!! I can't wait!! Beaches here I come!! hahaha

Quick Reply: Things to see in Italy