Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: .
cayenne turbo
0.00%
m3
0.00%
911 carerra 4 GTS
0.00%
Hyundai Oddysey
0.00%
Toyota Previa Panama Canal Edition
0.10%
Cabbage soup
99.89%
Voters: 547476. You may not vote on this poll

of these, what would you get as your new weekend warrior ride?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 08:49 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by esandes

that's nice of you to share this great info but an old clunker Z or odyssey is not in the cards for me. did you see the poll? a modded Z is still a Z. a porsche or BMW is up a few notches. anyway, did you hear about the lexus ISF test driver who died on the autobahn? he had a head on with a BMW test driver. the two occupants of the BMW walked away. that's no compromise german engineering. jap engineering is all about saving pennies here and there. korean is even worse. i want quality, not compromise.
Someone is a true baller. I wanna see what a baller car can do against my bottom of the line C class (couldn't afford the E class). Let me know when you get one of those high roller cars so we can go head to head.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Tech Guru

Loser gets his car dragged around by my truck. Yeehaw.

Last edited by airguard350; 11-28-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
Yeah I saw the poll (how the **** wouldn't I? It's kind of obvious) and touched on why each one of the options wouldn't be a weekend choice for me. Neither the Z nor the Odyssey is/was a clunker but both serve better than any of the poll choices. Forgive me for adding something outside the original post. Next time I'll make sure to keep any extraneous info to myself. And for the record, regarding a Z or an Odyssey not being in the cards for you, nowhere did it state that our opinions were supposed to influence you buying one of these. Looks like a generic "what would you buy if you had the money" kind of post. If you're going to put stipulations on what replies you're hoping to see, share some of your own great info with the rest of us or be prepared to get answers outside of what you're looking for. You asked what we'd buy. I answered that I wouldn't choose any of 'em. Live with it.

If I sound like a dickbag in this post, it's because I'm returning the favor of the tone of yours.
have fun with your Z and odyssey. i'm sure they're a real blast to drive. can you add those two options to the poll? i'll check the junk yards for them. thanks for the advise. now i can mod a Z! so cool.

Originally Posted by airguard350
Half ton capacity, seating for 5-8 adults, 2 spd transfer case, tows 9000 lbs. Useful SUV.

Seating for 5, 20" wheels, AWD, tows 5000 lbs. Mall crawler

useless SUV? ever hear of the trans-syberian race? the cayenne has a few trophies. look into it.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Old 11-29-2011, 10:15 AM
Tech Guru

Since when has winning a race ever been proof of real-world usefulness? The Audi S1 has one a scad of races but is pretty much completely useless. I mean, with enough factory backing my Silverado could compete in the Trans-Siberian rally. Everyone knows that 20" wheels and shoe string tires get the same traction has Converse High-Tops, and that the vehicle is barely long enough to haul a 4'x4' sheet of drywall comfortably. Surely, you'd need to fold the rear seats down. Oh but then again since you're posting "Ho-hum, I don't know which stupid expensive, self-indulgent piece of German douchebaggery to buy" it's probably safe to assume you wouldn't know a hammer from a monkey wrench. Winning a ******* race would be an excellent selling point for a vehicle if you actually plan to race it, you wiener.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Administrator

That argument is like endorsing a Ford Taurus as a race-proven vehicle with exceptional credentials and capabilities because some redneck successfully campaigned one in NASCAR. Like Pat said, a factory-backed race vehicle bears little relationship to the capabilities of the stock production vehicle in the showroom.

Bigger issue here - why start this bullshit in the first place? It was a legit answer to a post with effectively zero boundaries. There's no need to be an unprovoked, snobby dick in reply

4th Gear

This thread is starting to remind me of this linked thread:
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off...t-audi-152191/

Which got him a seat in this thread:
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off...e-tool-152155/

Administrator

You should just buy all three, that's what I did. I also bought an H1 to go get my mail in. That's all I use it for.

Of course before I make any important purchase like this I always like to make a thread in the off topic section of a car forum. Then I act like a dick to the moderators, kick a puppy, and spit in a nun's face. It's pretty much my pre-car purchase ritual.

Now can we stop the shenanigans? We all know you're going to go buy an electric Razor scooter instead anyway.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Administrator

can you add those two options to the poll?
You asked and you shall receive.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:36 AM
4th Gear

i do alot of snowboarding, skiing and mountain biking. i always wanted an SUV mostly to lug my gear around without having to take it apart or take up a lot of space.
Just to add to the douchebagery, WTF does your other 2 choices have anything to do with this statement then?

Also, in the end, none of your choices will help grow your dick any bigger, contrary to popular belief...

Quick Reply: of these, what would you get as your new weekend warrior ride?