Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

There's a BATTLE about to be fought!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja
Default RE: There's a BATTLE about to be fought!

wow... since when do good, well meaning ppl who do good
work get $hitt*d on ? sorry to hear about the troubles...
but in the end, youve allready got a good rep & the street cred.

They *insert tuner shop here* really must look like fools trying to badmouth the good 'ol indy.

fight the good fight Jazz... & Ray, sorry Im all the way in So Cal
or Id be fightin the fight w/ u guys....

Old 01-04-2007, 01:40 PM
4th Gear

You can put a sign out front of your house that says "No Stealership Prices Here" j/k that would get you a lawsuit. What would be funny is to have random people (friends) go to the dealer and askfor you or your contact info.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:00 PM

thanks alot guys all your words really do mean alot. i guess im just gonna keep on doing what i do, also i contacted a broker to find me some space for an actual shop, i basically told him the cheaper the better. lets see how he does. i dont think i can back down from this fight.

Old 01-04-2007, 08:57 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: rayveedub

~ but there have been many instances where i have put my own money and or time into other peoples cars because they were great friends or just good people (that got tired and went to sleep and said work on my car....not mentioning your name jazz)
Ummm... thanks for NOT mentioning MY name, Ray. You're a Prince among Kings

Old 01-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Administrator

ok seriously.. what shop and what forum? i wanna know.. if you dont wanna post it PM me

Old 01-04-2007, 11:51 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

ok seriously.. what shop and what forum? i wanna know.. if you dont wanna post it PM me
i have no idea what shop but i think jazz left us a very subtle hint as to the other forum involved....

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

But, since *I* don't belong to that forum, and am unlikely to get caught up in any vortex of controversy, *I* can post with impunity.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:38 AM
2nd Gear

Ray, thats awesome what you do - dealership envy or not. I try to do that same sort of thing with my friends, but I really wish I had more experience beyond mostly basic stuff. Just curious - how much do you know about ITB setups? I'm working on building a ABA 20v ITB motor - maybe you can help me out?

Old 01-05-2007, 02:05 AM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: rayveedub

thanks alot guys all your words really do mean alot. i guess im just gonna keep on doing what i do, also i contacted a broker to find me some space for an actual shop, i basically told him the cheaper the better. lets see how he does. i dont think i can back down from this fight.
PUCK YEAH! Get BIG, then you can SPANK dey azzez proppa... (I luv when I get to talk get-toe)

Old 01-05-2007, 11:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Cameron

Ray, thats awesome what you do - dealership envy or not. I try to do that same sort of thing with my friends, but I really wish I had more experience beyond mostly basic stuff. Just curious - how much do you know about ITB setups? I'm working on building a ABA 20v ITB motor - maybe you can help me out?
i dont have a ton but ive seen the setups and helped a guy do his waaaayy back when i just started turning wrenches. it dosent look too difficult though it seems like its all about tb alignments. everything else is pnp. feel free to call me or pm me ill help whatever way i can.

Old 01-06-2007, 01:47 AM
2nd Gear

Ray, how about I drive out there and we build a setup? Hows this summer sound?

Quick Reply: There's a BATTLE about to be fought!