Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

There ought to be a LAW...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 11:35 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: There ought to be a LAW...

I like this thread - I just have a couple quick ones (I need to get to work)

Law #1) Part of drivers education class should take place at an autocross course. This would teach young drivers how to react to certain situations. It may also encourage young drivers to race, however if they were to race - they'd do it anyway even without the course.

Law #2) ALL doors should be PUSH when you go into the store. If, in the case the building geometry should not allow a push door and only a PULL door - that door should be painted RED...with RED blinking LED's. And sirens. This way, you don't have that embarrasing moment where you're pushing the crap out of the door only to realize it's a pull door. Due to the decrease in stress and embarrasing situations, people would spend more at the store, and the economy would go through the roof!

Old 02-20-2007, 01:16 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: speedracer52
How bout fines for not parking in the lines when it is clear that you could have.
I agree theres always some douchebag with a ricer civic, new bimmer, or a POS truck who deliberately takes up two parking spaces. His/her vehicle should be towed or its legal for others to vandalize his car.

There should be a law or fine system for riced out vehicles. Neon underglow $75, chopped springs $120, fugly bodykit $500 + $100 for every panel primered or different color paint. Exhaust over 3.5in in diameter $1000 + $100 for every inch over the limit. ALL fines doubled for domestic cars and tripled for euro imports.

Old 02-20-2007, 02:34 PM

I totally agree that riced out cars should be destroyed on the spot.

Old 02-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: KevinA4

Law #2) ALL doors should be PUSH when you go into the store. If, in the case the building geometry should not allow a push door and only a PULL door - that door should be painted RED...with RED blinking LED's. And sirens. This way, you don't have that embarrasing moment where you're pushing the crap out of the door only to realize it's a pull door. Due to the decrease in stress and embarrasing situations, people would spend more at the store, and the economy would go through the roof!
You might wanna either re-think your law, or, possibly move to Europe. The reason doors are pull (in)/push (out) because, IF there were some sort of emergency IN the store; fire, robbery, Britney Spears... And people needed to egress (means exit) QUICKLY, push-to-exit would cause fewer casualties. In Europe, were doors ARE sometimes push to enter, and pull to exit, you can almost ALWAYS spot the American, as they are not used to ever encountering this phenomonea in public/commercial buildings.

FWIW, Europs economy, while not all that bad, ain't exactly skyrocketing

ORIGINAL: Trey25

There should be a law or fine system for riced out vehicles. Neon underglow $75, chopped springs $120, fugly bodykit $500 + $100 for every panel primered or different color paint. Exhaust over 3.5in in diameter $1000 + $100 for every inch over the limit. ALL fines doubled for domestic cars and tripled for euro imports.
How about we force them to hafta rice out a K-car, from Chryslers dark, depressing past, instead? Kill two stones with teh same bird, so to speak. Kinda like when yer doggy poops on your brand-new bear-skin rug, and you rub his nose in it, to discourage that sort of behavior? AND, it's have the added advantage of riddingthe world of any leftover K-cars!

Old 02-20-2007, 04:47 PM
4th Gear

Big believer in Carlinian logic (as in George Carlin) that dictates that all cars come equipt with a hood mounted dartgun that shoots yellow sticky flags onto other cars - from which you can shoot peeps when they do something stupid - after so many the police pull you over on the general purpose of being a dumbass driver - and ticketed accordingly...

Old 02-20-2007, 05:22 PM
18T
4th Gear

haha

Old 02-20-2007, 06:23 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Palindari

Big believer in Carlinian logic (as in George Carlin) that dictates that all cars come equipt with a hood mounted dartgun that shoots yellow sticky flags onto other cars - from which you can shoot peeps when they do something stupid - after so many the police pull you over on the general purpose of being a dumbass driver - and ticketed accordingly...
I've got a working theory based on teh same concept, except every car comes equipped with a paintball gun in an unusual caliber. You hafta "earn" your ammo by going months, YEARS even, without a ticket or accident; doing good deeds like stoppng to assist at accidents or with broken-down motorists; doing (non-court-ordered) volunteer work, stuff like that... The d1ckw33ds will be easily identifyable by all the day-glow splotches (perma-color-paint, naturally) all over their cars from people "tagging" them! This will have the side effect of easily warning us that an a55h0le is in tha vicinity...

Old 02-20-2007, 07:03 PM
1st Gear

I think there should be an United States auto bahn (speed limitless in the FAR LEFT LANE) and that people should have to pass a test to be able to use this lane.

Old 02-21-2007, 06:54 AM
18T
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: 18T

ORIGINAL: Flip

There ought to be a law stating you must take your drivers license exam in a manual transmission car. This would limit the dumbasses from getting their license until they know how to drive.
+12847123981298312789 just like back in old country.

Old 02-21-2007, 01:45 PM
2nd Gear

There awt to be a law for all those people who think they are Mario Andretti when the go around a corner. You know them: they're the ones who slow for, say, a right hand corner, and then swerve left into your lane before swinging around the corner like they are at Monaco.

Or the people who stop at a stop sign with the nose of their car all but in the oncoming traffic lane. I personally edge over a bit, so at least for a second they think I am about to skim their license plate off.

I think it should be legal for people to carry paintball guns, so when they see people do the stupid **** described here and in other posts, they give them a few rounds in the grill. And oil-based paint will be allowed, so the dumba$$es have to drive their car around with a badge of stupidity until they pony up the dough to get it removed.

This goes out to the a-hole who cut me off in city traffic yesterday (despite me in a white car on a sunny day-like he didn't see me!) and for the ******** in the Rustang who thought it was safe to constantly fly across three lanes of traffic to get to his destination ten seconds quicker. They would have both been tagged.