Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Texas

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 12:46 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Texas

No problem. Check out the North Texas Audi Group. I think a few of them live in Plano.

Old 03-10-2005, 02:40 PM
1st Gear

Move to Austin yo; live music capital of the world!

Old 03-12-2005, 04:46 AM
1st Gear

"plus the people down there are so much more nice than they are around here...just more laid back and cool about shiz."

Actually, if you don't like the people where you are from, you probably won't like the people where you are going.

More a reflection on you than on them.

Kinda like the couple who were looking to move to a town, asked someone how the neighbors were, and the old timer asked how they were in their old town. "Oh, they were the worst kind, always prying into our business, couldn't peek through the blinds without seeing someone peeking through THEIR blinds at us, always spying, no one helped anyone else, and just a terrible place to live."

The oldtimer said, "Well, that's just the way you'll find people here to be."

Another couple asked the same oldtimer how the town was to live in. He asked the same question.

"Oh, they were the most wonderful neighbors, always looking out for our children, always willing to lend a hand, we really will miss them."

The oldtimer said, "Well, thats just the way you'll find people here to be."

You get out of ANY community what you put into it.

If you hate your neighbors where you are, you'll hate your neighbors where you move to.

Simple.

You are going to have to change your attitude, if you wish to be happy anywhere. Given half a chance, I bet your neighbors would wind up being the salt of the earth.

Good luck, lad,

George

Old 03-12-2005, 05:13 AM
2nd Gear

I understand your argument very well..people MUST be judged on a case by case basis (I use the word judged very loosely). However, this is not the case for where I live. The reason this town exists is because of the college that is here. The entire town is run by college students and yet we have no say in city policies and we get no respect from city peacekeepers. I have experienced the lack of trust from neighbors and city officals personally here. This is not to say WI is a bad place to live..I was never once treated this way when I lived in Appleton. Eau Claire is filled with retired individuals. Their lifestyle is simple and quiet. They have preconceived notions of how college "kids" act and do everything in their power to make our time here less enjoyable.

Example: Neighbors supposedly called the city to complain about your lawn having grass that is over 7" high. There were possibly a very small amount of weeds near our garage that had grown to barely this height. Instead of the neighbors asking us to cut them since they seemed to be bothered by them, they called the city. The city supposedly sent 3 letters of warning to us which we had never received and then came and cut our grass...fined us..and told us if it ever happens again we may be forced to leave the city. We were completely shocked and asked them to show us some proof that they had sent us letters. They declined our right to verify. We still have no idea who the "annonymous" people were who called but we have an idea. I cannot remember ever causing them problems are ranting on them for lack of shuvling or other city ordanences. This is the community I live in. I am not welcome here. This is only one of many issues that have happened.

But TRUELY, the main reason I'm moving is to find a job. The market here is for people with 5+ years of business experience. Since I am straight out of college my resume gets shredded before its even opened. I must move to a market that has more opportunities. That and I can't stand winter any longer. It was fun when I was a kid but now that I'm older I believe that snow should only be found on mountains.

Thanks for the concern, but I truely believe my attitude is not the problem. I don't hate WI. I hate winter and Eau Claire.

-T