Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Texas

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 03:55 AM
2nd Gear
Default Texas

Alright, so a friend of mine and I are planning on moving to texas in august. We're gonna go down and check it out early june..anyone live there and can recommend some nice areas to live in or look for a place? Any audi clubs down there? I can't wait to go..there's nothing here for me..its the most died I've ever felt in my life. Anyways..any help for a future texan would be great!

-T

Old 03-03-2005, 04:00 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Texas

i think there's a kid named david in or around there

edit: why texas?

Old 03-03-2005, 04:22 AM
2nd Gear

Ya, my holmes mr. David_K lives down there..as well as TexA4 and SantorinA4, and I'm hopeing they reply to this thread..sans K obviously since he hasn't visited in awhile. I wanna go to texas since I want a drastic change from wisconsin..its warm year round and I'll have a better chance at finding a job(comp sci) down there than around here. I need to get outta here! My aunt and my buddy's uncle live in texas as well. plus the people down there are so much more nice than they are around here...just more laid back and cool about shiz. help would be awsome!

-T

Old 03-03-2005, 04:56 AM
4th Gear

i heard it's for sale. Amarillo, Texas. 623-555-7654

Old 03-03-2005, 03:40 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

contemporary two story, nice roof lines, wooded lot. It's all how you look at it. gotta start somewhere. I hear everythings bigger in Texas.

Old 03-03-2005, 04:12 PM
2nd Gear

It's beautiful

-T

Old 03-03-2005, 06:58 PM

I just moved from texas to life on the beach in florida...

which leads me to tell you that if you are anywhere near TYLER, TEXAS...DONT GO....Texas was the worst expirience of my life. I have lived all over the country and I had no problem with any other place but Tejas.

The people there are very closed. Everyone has been born and raised there all the way back to their grandfathers so I takes a long time to get in the social heirarchy. Nobody I met parties like they should. Everyone has those damn accents.

GOD HELP YOU IF YOU ARE FROM THE NORTH.

Old 03-03-2005, 07:12 PM
4th Gear

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experiance there, Where exactly in tx you lookin at? the thing about texas is if you bring an attitude in, they will be sure to show you the same. I lived in houston for many years, and there are all kinds there. as long as you find the right group, you will be fine, good luck.

Old 03-08-2005, 12:06 PM
1st Gear

Um...I dated someone from Wisconsin and she hated it. Too hot for her. I'd say if you want to move to Texas, to either move to Dallas, Austin or Houston. I think Dallas is cooler at time than Austin and Houston. Austin is a college town, but has some really nice areas. Dallas is kind of snoby at times. Houston to me smells like cow manure. I can't tell you much about the job market in either of these places. I think some companies are hiring and some aren't. If you want to live in the Dallas area, I would recommend The Colony, Frisco or Plano. Maybe even Carrollton. I live in The Colony and it's right off of Lake Lewisville. It's really nice and cheaper to live than a lot of other places. My home is 1900 sq ft, has a nice backyard, 3b/2ba, office/study, 2 car garage, living room, separate dining room, etc. We payed $145,000 for it. There are cheaper and more expensive homes in The Colony. We are across from the lake. The more expensive are on the lake.

Oh...we do have an Audi club up here. It's www.northtexasaudigroup.com

Austin also has one but I don't remember the url. Don't know about Houston though.

Old 03-10-2005, 03:41 AM
2nd Gear

Thanks SantorinA4! I'm pretty sure I'm headed for the Plano area but I'll keep Colony in mind as well. Job market is lookin pretty decent, I've inquired about two places and they're pretty hardup for a software engineer. I can't wait. This winter crap has gotta go!

-T

Quick Reply: Texas