Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

tell signs of an audi Quattro... how can you tell.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 03:52 AM
1st Gear
Default tell signs of an audi Quattro... how can you tell.

Im going to an auto auction tomorrow and im not positive if they will be listing the vehicles if they are AWD or 2WD... and im wanting a quattro. Im new to the Audi family and i know there has to be some tell signs to determin whether or not its a quattro or not. Can anybody provide this for me so i get what i want tomorrow... ! Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 05-29-2005, 04:13 AM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: tell signs of an audi Quattro... how can you tell.

The EASIEST way si to get a peek at the rear end or the grill. UNless it's been de-badged, Quattro's have a badge that says...

Wait for it...

Quattro.
On the rear it'll be under the number identifying the engine size. 1.8T 2.0 2.7 3.0 3.7 4.2 9.0 (OK, I made that last one up, you get the idea) On the right side, as you're looking at it.
In front I believe it's on the lesf side, as you're looking at it, on the grill.

If it's been de-badged you'll hafta crawl underneath and look for a transfer-case and a front diff...

Old 05-29-2005, 04:25 AM
2nd Gear

-Small Quattro label on the lower left hand side of the grill (it is chrome, so it should stand out against the black grill)
-Quattro label under the engine badge on the right hand side of the rear end.

Hope that helps

You can also see the grill mark on my sig line

Old 05-29-2005, 04:27 AM
2nd Gear

Grr.. beat me too it.

I had an elaborate ascii drawing that I made, but it came out all messed up.

Old 05-29-2005, 05:50 AM
Administrator

only the lil quattro logos on the grill and the rear is the only way that i kno

Old 05-29-2005, 06:41 AM
rs
2nd Gear

mite be a tag on the passenger side of the dashboard too. not sure if they on the a4's tho

Old 05-29-2005, 11:28 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

The EASIEST way si to get a peek at the rear end or the grill. UNless it's been de-badged, Quattro's have a badge that says...

Wait for it...

Quattro.
On the rear it'll be under the number identifying the engine size. 1.8T 2.0 2.7 3.0 3.7 4.2 9.0 (OK, I made that last one up, you get the idea) On the right side, as you're looking at it.
In front I believe it's on the lesf side, as you're looking at it, on the grill.

If it's been de-badged you'll hafta crawl underneath and look for a transfer-case and a front diff...
Weak what an ******* for even asking.. as you can tell i havent been looking at too many these days. Ugh! thanks for the info.. off to the auction.

Old 05-29-2005, 08:06 PM
Senior Administrator

Hey! NP. As you can see we're all happy to show off how much WE know aboout our favorite car. I don't think NE of us even considered what a retarded question it was[&:]. We all just wanted to expose OUR legendary knowledge of the brand. If you want to know how many lug nuts go on the RIMS (where's Imola when you need him?), or where the windshield is, we're here 4ya, Man!!![sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Make sure you let us know how it went/whatcha got/how much you paid/whatchu gonna do to it, an stuff...

Old 06-02-2005, 07:32 PM
4th Gear

Don't they usally announce what type of car it is at Auctions?

ORIGINAL: DXplicitOne

Im going to an auto auction tomorrow and im not positive if they will be listing the vehicles if they are AWD or 2WD... and im wanting a quattro. Im new to the Audi family and i know there has to be some tell signs to determin whether or not its a quattro or not. Can anybody provide this for me so i get what i want tomorrow... ! Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 06-02-2005, 07:36 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Dj Spiel

Don't they usally announce what type of car it is at Auctions?
They usually announce as much as they know about a specific vehicle. Paperwork might not say whether or not it's quattro. Be better if you know, on your own, what you were bidding on, as opposed to expecting to find out what it is from some guy at a podium. Better still if you KNOW he's got a gem, but he DOESN'T...

Quick Reply: tell signs of an audi Quattro... how can you tell.