Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Teenagers - Thread 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 05:46 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Teenagers - Thread 2

At the risk of becoming unpopular here....

Why do I get the impression that this thread is a back-patting exercise for Audi owners on this forum who want to once again underscore the point that Audi is a "premium" brand by portraying teenagers as generally being unable to afford an Audi? If this was a Bentley owners' forum, I might see a teenager owning a Bentley to be out of the ordinary.

I guess I just dont see how having an Audi while in high school (in the US) constitutes possibly being spoiled - new Hondas and Toyotas often cost more than used Audis but we're not calling those kids spoiled, are we?

Okay, the captain has turned off the "No Flaming" sign, and you are now free to insult me on this forum

Old 01-10-2006, 05:52 PM
4th Gear

I think the point has already been made above that a lot of people don't understand what x amount of dollars can buy in any given car brand of various model years. Most people will just look at the car brand and think "expensive" or "less expensive", etc. So a teenager owning an Audi, BWM and other cars that can cost in excess of $50K when new, makes it look like the teenager had a very pricey car given to them by parents. Not many Hondas go for that much new.

Now that wasn't too bad, was it?

Old 01-11-2006, 04:12 PM

Point well made pturbo

Old 01-12-2006, 02:00 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: HansBlix
I guess I just dont see how having an Audi while in high school (in the US) constitutes possibly being spoiled - new Hondas and Toyotas often cost more than used Audis but we're not calling those kids spoiled, are we?

Thats exactly what we have concluded. People are dumb to think we're spoiled to have our audis. But still to pay for a $7,500+ car on your own before 18 (and have it fully paid off) is pretty good and a few people here have done that. I just wanted to see how many audi owners here paid for it and how many of them are little ****** who think they respect money but really just need to take a big sip out of the glass of puberty and shut the **** up.

Old 01-12-2006, 02:32 AM

okay i love topics like this.. im 19 and i have a audi TT , and id just like to defend the fact ahead of time that my parents had nothing to do with my purchase... i know first hand about the types of ppl this thread was started about, becaues i have friends like that. But in my case just to throw it out here, -for kicks... that yes, im 19 and a female who drives a audi , but i am also done with college, a real estate agent and in management at my brokerage. Thats alot to accomplish at my age, and im sucessful at what i do, so in regaurds to this post age has nothing to do with it really when your established in your career and car afford one on your own.

Old 01-12-2006, 02:47 AM
4th Gear

Holy smokes! Outta college at 19 and selling real estate. You'll have a A8 W12 in no time.

Remember to stop and smell the roses though. There is a lot of important boinking....errrr...I mean social growth that takes place during college years that you wouldn't want to miss.

Old 01-12-2006, 02:53 AM

oh i know .. i mean.. i still party and hang out with my friends where they go to school and have alot of fun still... but it just really sucks because i have to watch myself because something dumb can ruin my reputation.. and that would kiss everything good bye. but i have found plenty of ways to deal with those type problems

Old 01-12-2006, 03:00 AM
4th Gear

It's good to hear that you aren't all biz. Sounds like you got your act together.

What did you get your degree in?

oh, and welcome to the forums!

Old 01-12-2006, 01:00 PM

realestate finance, law and apprasial. and certified in principals and practice.
it all falls under an assoicates, but its required to get your brokers license which i will get asb soon as i have 2 years experience.. i dont know why they require that but ill wait.
and yes i am not all blis.. lol

Old 01-12-2006, 01:17 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: desirableeklipseTT

okay i love topics like this.. im 19 and i have a audi TT , and id just like to defend the fact ahead of time that my parents had nothing to do with my purchase... i know first hand about the types of ppl this thread was started about, becaues i have friends like that. But in my case just to throw it out here, -for kicks... that yes, im 19 and a female who drives a audi , but i am also done with college, a real estate agent and in management at my brokerage. Thats alot to accomplish at my age, and im sucessful at what i do, so in regaurds to this post age has nothing to do with it really when your established in your career and car afford one on your own.
Well then, much congrats to you. Thats awesome.

i just started doing full time college a few days ago, it being the second semester of my junior year in high school so i could be finishing college a year early, but will probably take advantage of that and take more classes. A friend of mine who is 16 just bought himself an Audi TT, he managed to make $16,000 through web design and had a few grand from trading in his 2001 honda civic (which his brother gave to him). its a 2001 TT with under 55k miles and cost $17.5k

and i'm really interested in real estate and thats where i plan on heading after college, even though at this second i dont plan on a degree in it.

Quick Reply: Teenagers - Thread 2