Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Teenagers - Thread 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 12:04 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Teenagers - Thread 2

The thing here is guys: I'm not saying anyone who has an audi that was bought for them is a spoiled little fagget. But i wanted to hear what these people had to say and hear which of them are actually spoiled yet sensible, respectable, and mature. Because it is possible to spoil someone and not ruin their sense of.. well.. 'sense' and 'logic' alltogether haha.

ORIGINAL: audilover04

I'll admit im spoiled. I got my Audi for my 17th birthday. I realize i dont understand the value of a dollar as well as others but i am thankful for what i have and try not to take it for granted.
See, this is fine. He's spoiled, but he's not a dumbass and he's not an *******. So far so good.

ORIGINAL: CrazyBignate

hi, i'm 16 and drive a certified pre-owned 2002 3.0MQ, i absoluetely love it and thank my parents for how hard they've worked so i can go to a private school and recieve a great education and drive one of the nicest kinds of cars out there.
I wouldn't know the value of a dollar as well as others considering i'm only 16, but i'm hoping within the next year i develop that sense that i need to respect things more, i'm not saying i don't, but having that respect is very important.
you too show a high enough level of maturity that anyone who complains about you being spoiled needs to shut the **** up.

Now here's my case. I got my Audi A4 the day before I turned 16. What happened was my dad told me when i turned 15 (July 19th 2004) that he would match whatever i make to buy a car on my 16th birthday. Well I got a good job November and made $8000 between then and my birthday (July) working 6 hour shifts 4-5 days a week only. He pretty much shat his pants, said sorry, and gave me $3,000 b/c he didn't want to cough up $8,000. Honestly, i wasn't too pissed at him, i mean $8000 is alot to give away. I still rub it in every once and a while but only as a Joke. So i bought the car (2000 Audi A4 1.8t Manual at 60k miles) for $10,000 in cash and put $1000 in the bank. he paid the taxes and fees as my birthday present.

And since he has realzed that i definately understand money and instead of using what I am given as a crutch, he knows i will take advantage of it and build on it. For instance, my college was paid for a long time ago. But i'm still saving $200 a month towards college anyways. Also i have $10k put away in a savings account all from my dad as college money. I know i have it good and i'm very fortunate to have this money, esp. knowing how hard it is to earn. (Esp. for him, he has a very hard, though well paying job) But i'm going to take advantage of the cards that have been delt to me. instead of sitting on my ***, i have plans for college. I'm going to get a full time job to pay my own expenses and use the $10k as money down for a couple of condos.

when i turn 18 the last thing that i might see from my parents is possibly health insurance if even. They know i wouldn't get health insurance, so thats why theyd pay it. they will absolutely not give me any other money for any reason. if i end up living on the streets thats too damn bad, and rightfully so.

MY POST IN A NUTSHELL: I feel that kids should only get spoiled with things theyre not asking for and/or after they have proven they understand and value hrd work.

Old 01-09-2006, 12:21 AM
2nd Gear

i also get it all the time where people are like YOU ARE SO LUCKY when they see my audi and they have a car their parents spent $18,000 on. and in that regard, i wasn't lucky. though i'm not saying i shouldve gotten more, i am very appreciative for the money i got.

btw i also pay gas and insurance and everything like that. He told me he'd pay half for neccessary maintanence and i told him no b/c i want to handle it. but he always does anyway, he feels that he should b/c he is more than able to. But mod's and upgrades are definately all me.

And i found out about 2 months ago that he's been taking my insurance money behind my back and putting it in my college funds then paying off my insurance himself. I was kinda mad at first b/c i want to do things for myself, but who can say no to free $$$?

Old 01-09-2006, 12:27 AM
Senior Administrator

^^^Hmmm... yur from Naples, FL. Yu aren't secretly THIS GUY are yu? Paid for ALL yurself, yu say?

Old 01-09-2006, 02:00 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

^^^Hmmm... yur from Naples, FL. Yu aren't secretly THIS GUY are yu? Paid for ALL yurself, yu say?
Another case solved on this week's episode of AudiForums.

Old 01-09-2006, 02:52 AM

ORIGINAL: pturbo

[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 01-09-2006, 03:12 AM
1st Gear

I'm 18 and have owned 6 cars needless to say i change my mind alot. Currently i'm driving a 87 mazda b2200 sh!tty truck so i can save as much cash to move out on my own this summer i slammed it neoned it and tossed some bump in the bak=cheap transportation. After the move i hope to buy a mid 90"s bmw e36 like the one i totalled since the audi soooooooooooooooooo dissapointed me with performance and ridiculous costs. Example: The car i once had is now bak in my dads ownership and is just sittin bcas it needs a $2000 driveshaft replacement, glad i got out from under that car b4 that B5 **** hit the fan! LOL!!! BTW my dad is rich but he and me fight 2 much 4 him 2 buy me anything now.

Old 01-09-2006, 03:56 AM
Senior Administrator

^^^sounds like yu need to make him an offer he can't refuse^^^

Old 01-09-2006, 05:08 AM
18T
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: S_R_N83

ORIGINAL: pturbo

[sm=happybounce.gif]
lol! [sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 01-09-2006, 04:50 PM

i catch a lot of **** about driving a bmw and being only 17. i only paid 6,300 for it tho, but because its a bmw people assume that im rich and spoiled. my mom drives a '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee and my dad drives a '92 Dodge Dakota. i could have spent the same money on a Jeep or tuner and nobody would have given me ****. Also, people automatically assume that my parents just bought it for me, but i worked for 2 years at sh!tty part time jobs (k-mart, video stores, farms) so i could buy that car. stick that in your pooper jealous b@st@rds.

Old 01-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Senior Administrator

I'm rilly only jealous of your clever use of teh @mpers@nd... If I cud somehow figR out how to do that, I'd be Pimp-of-pimps

Quick Reply: Teenagers - Thread 2