Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Teenagers - Thread 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 06:42 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Teenagers - Thread 2

ORIGINAL: lauren5757

And bentframe lives in cali, so this makes this even more impressive..... i moved from there cuz i couldn't afford to live there on my own......

I pay for basically everything myself, my parents still pay a bit towards my mortgage while I'm in school..... when i'm done with school, i'm screwed.
good point...i'm pretty sure once i go back to a university to finish my degree, i'll probably get some financial assistance from my mom (tuition, books, or something to that effect). school (community colleges not included, it's not that hard to pay for that on your own) is the only valid reason, in my book, to get help from your parents.

i got lucky (at least, that's how i see it now). when i turned 18, my dad basically disowned me, and at the time i didn't have a relationship with my mom (she lived up in oregon for most of my life), so i was forced to grow up fast. at the time i thought it was hell, but looking back, i'm happy with the way things turned out. if that hadn't happened to me i'd probably still be mooching off my dad and step-mom.

Old 01-08-2006, 10:35 PM
3rd Gear

Get a job all you little lucky bastards!

I didn't own my own car until I was 28 y.o. But now you might say I'm making up for it since I seem to buy a new car every 3-6 months.

Old 01-08-2006, 10:46 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: QuattroGT74

I didn't own my own car until I was 28 y.o. But now you might say I'm making up for it since I seem to buy a new car every 3-6 months.

Old 01-08-2006, 10:49 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: QuattroGT74

I love it when you talk dirty to me.

Old 01-08-2006, 10:51 PM
2nd Gear

Oh I know, it's been awhile, hasn't it????

I'm so dirty, I think i need a bath. Too bad I can't reach that one little spot on my back all alone.

Old 01-08-2006, 10:58 PM
3rd Gear

Oh I know, it's been awhile, hasn't it????

I'm so dirty, I think i need a bath. Too bad I can't reach that one little spot on my back all alone.
I've got something 12" long you can stroke it with

.....my ice-remover.

Old 01-08-2006, 11:18 PM
2nd Gear

Ha ha ha..... to be honest, i've kinda missed you guys and your odd sense of humor.... maybe i better start posting again.

That put a smile on my face though, which I really needed tonight.

Old 01-08-2006, 11:26 PM
2nd Gear

back on topic...

Aside from gifts (birthdays and Christmas only) my parents haven't bought me something I didn't need since I was 12. The first thing my dad said when I got my car was that it was my responsibility, not his, to clean up any messes I make with it. When I brought it home to show him my newly dent-annointed fender, he said, "Whatever Cameron. It's your car." As far as he is concerned, my Audi is transportation. He pays insurance and gas so that he doesn't have to drive me places. If I wreck the car, he still isn't going to go out of his way to drive me somewhere.

Yes, he did buy me an Audi. Does that alone make me spoiled? I think the real spoiled kids are the ones who run to mommy and daddy whenever they **** their pants.
By the way, I've been working my *** off 7 days a week at $8/hr to work towards fixing my car.

Old 01-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Cameron

I've been working my *** off 7 days a week at $8/hr to work towards fixing my car.
Damn, I make almost half-again that much in my part-time job... Course, it's only 20-30 hours a week. PLUS the 40+ hours a week I do in my full-time job.

I need a new life...

Old 01-08-2006, 11:32 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: S_R_N83

I just don't see what the big deal is..

Say a parent gets their kid a b5 for 7-10k..and everyones like wow you got an Audi you must be spoiled..

But then a parent gets their kid a Chevy Cavilier or Dodge Neon for 7-10k and no one says a thing.

Of course the Audi probably has a few more miles or whatever on it but liek someone said before, theyre not that unattainable.
I used to get that kind of **** all the time. I bought my current e36 (paid in cash) a few months after I turned 18, and people were like OMG you're so spoiled. I ******* hated it. I always had to explain how the car is a 94, with well over 100k on it and I'd been working the last year and a half to buy it. Then I worked too many hours in my first year of college, spent a few grand to get m body parts for it as well as suspension and other little things and people act like its a 15-20k car. I love my pile of ****, but I HATE being looked down upon especially when I bought the car, and pay for anything related to it. I can't wait for the **** I get when I own my e36 and buy a second e36 or possibly an a4. Granted I live at home, but tahts where the free ride ends. I have a free place to say, but I buy all my own groceries, clothes, crap for my room, stuff for school etc...

Quick Reply: Teenagers - Thread 2