Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Teenagers - Thread 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 02:50 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Teenagers - Thread 2

im not gonna lie my parents bought me my first car but thats aobut it. i evenyually got a job and since we immigrated here from pakistan and arent really the doctor kinda family we were pretty average income. but since we moved to our current town the taxes have gone up as has the mortgage and stuff, so basically 1/4 of my payechs went and still go to my parents, 1/4 into checking, 1/4 for my mobile, internet etc, and the rest into my little savings fund for my audi. sadly i had to dig into my checking to pay off my audi and have to start over again. im only 18 and ive been working since 16 and contributing to my familys income so i can safley say i know the worth of a dollar as well as responsibility and maturity. most kids i work with arent rich either but are well off enough that they can buy stuff only for themselves.

Old 01-08-2006, 03:40 AM
5th Gear

Im 18 and i bought my A4 myself as well as my 66 mustang that i restored myself I have had to work my *** off lol to get every bit of money i have and i have always had to put half in my bank to save for college which turned out to be a really good idea lol...

Old 01-08-2006, 03:45 AM
4th Gear

FasterA4ThanUrs, I have evo fmic, on stage 3 car. Pm me for my addy if you would really like it.

Old 01-08-2006, 04:21 AM

I just don't see what the big deal is..

Say a parent gets their kid a b5 for 7-10k..and everyones like wow you got an Audi you must be spoiled..

But then a parent gets their kid a Chevy Cavilier or Dodge Neon for 7-10k and no one says a thing.

Of course the Audi probably has a few more miles or whatever on it but liek someone said before, theyre not that unattainable.

Old 01-08-2006, 04:44 AM
1st Gear

hi, i'm 16 and drive a certified pre-owned 2002 3.0MQ, i absoluetely love it and thank my parents for how hard they've worked so i can go to a private school and recieve a great education and drive one of the nicest kinds of cars out there.
I wouldn't know the value of a dollar as well as others considering i'm only 16, but i'm hoping within the next year i develop that sense that i need to respect things more, i'm not saying i don't, but having that respect is very important.

Old 01-08-2006, 05:54 AM

ORIGINAL: S_R_N83

I just don't see what the big deal is..

Say a parent gets their kid a b5 for 7-10k..and everyones like wow you got an Audi you must be spoiled..

But then a parent gets their kid a Chevy Cavilier or Dodge Neon for 7-10k and no one says a thing.

Of course the Audi probably has a few more miles or whatever on it but liek someone said before, theyre not that unattainable.
ppl tell me that all the time. Oo sry i cant afoord a audi, well shut u drive a brand new explorer so shut it. <y car is worth 9 grand. Get over the name. Its ur falut u didnt spend ur money wisely and get a nice car.

Old 01-08-2006, 06:41 AM

ORIGINAL: apg96
ppl tell me that all the time. Oo sry i cant afoord a audi, well shut u drive a brand new explorer so shut it. <y car is worth 9 grand. Get over the name. Its ur falut u didnt spend ur money wisely and get a nice car.
My point exactally!! Its all about how you spend your money. If I have 10k and im looking for a car, I'm going to get something I like... I can find a chevy for 10k, an Audi, honda etc. its just how you spend it

Old 01-08-2006, 10:29 AM
2nd Gear

i was 19 when i bought my car. then it was a 3 year old 97 2.8q. i paid for it all on my own. i work hard at my job and have hardly any money for mods. i had an 88 jeep before this car. it was given to my when i got my licence at 16years old. with money i saved to buy a car at 16 i kept adding to it till the jeep was just making it then i bought the audi. after a 4 year note the car was mine.

Old 01-08-2006, 03:15 PM
1st Gear

I'm 20 now, I was 19 when I purchased my '98 A4 TQM. My parents gave me 5000 dollars to put towards my first car when I was about 17 and I paid the 1500 difference after that. My parents then gave me the money I would have gotten for selling that car so that I could buy my Audi and then gave my old car to my younger brother. Maybe I didn't earn that 5000 dollars through a job but that doesn't mean I didn't earn it or work hard either. I went to Catholic school on a full scholarship and so my parents told me that they would put 5000 dollars towards a car as a reward for that. So just because I didn't directly earn the money doesn't necessarily mean that it was handed to me. I'm not stupid, I know that I don't have to worry about money all that much, because there are definitely times that my parents have given me money now because I don't work during the school year. But I also don't like going to my parents and asking them for money. So I don't worry, but I try not to take it for granted. They throw gas money or food money my way, but they definitely won't pay for mods or anything like that. So I probably don't know the value of the dollar as much as someone who has been living on their own and working for minimum wage, but you don't need to be earning money to appreciate the value of hard work either.

Old 01-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: TheHolyGhost

I went to Catholic school on a full scholarship and so my parents told me that they would put 5000 dollars towards a car as a reward for that. So just because I didn't directly earn the money doesn't necessarily mean that it was handed to me.
OK, you get Double-points if it was an educational scholarship and not a Sporst one, or because yur rents belong to some country club, or sunthin...

Quick Reply: Teenagers - Thread 2