Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Teenagers - Thread 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 07:21 PM
2nd Gear
Default Teenagers - Thread 2

Hey i wanted to start another thread about this because i think its a good thread. Or atleast it was until you guys jabbered off topic for 2 pages haha.

Anyways, the discussion turned out talking about people under 20 years old with Audi's, and being spoiled and whatnot.

We've found that there are quite a few people here who are under 20 and got their cars from their parents. Alot of them had pretty convincing posts that they really do respect money and understand the worth of a dollar. We also saw people who really thought they did and claim they respect their car, but the fact is it was BS.

I know people who are spoiled and are thoroughly convinced that they understand the worth of a dollar. But you can tell when they defend themselves that they dont. You can feel the worthlessness radiating off of them.

SO I just wanted to bring back the debate and see what you guys have to say.

If you are under 20 and have an Audi, Post me up. dont forget to mention what it is and who paid for it.

Old 01-07-2006, 07:28 PM
Tech Slut
Default RE: Teenagers - Thread 2

im 20 i have the car u are about to read about wen u scroll down. my insurance company bought me my audi. its faster than urs and i work my *** off to pay for my mods/maintenance. i also have the cost of living to worry about(as do all of us) but still i agree that their are way too many spoiled brats rockin audis n such that they didint even pay a lil for. if my parents would help me more with her, id have a lot mor mods n my car would be much faster. f those spoiled little bitches that get there road paved in front of them.......but maybe its just jealousy that we complain about them.....yea definetly jealousy.

Old 01-07-2006, 10:58 PM

ok im 17 and i have an audi. But an older one. I do understand the worth of a dolloar but i doubt its the same way some that is lower income would. I understand that you have to work for u money. I pay for half of my first car and all of this (with help of the money i got when selling my first). I hafta to pay for everything except, food, clothes, housing and other basic essentials, School books (private school), doctors etc... I just bought a $600 TV, and sure not many kids have that but i am proud to say i pay 100% of that TV. With money from solely working. You dont learn the cost of a dollar until u work for minium wage. But ur right the fact that i live in a large house and i never have to worry about money to feed me changes things. I am glad my dad brought me up this way. Helping me see the value of a dollar but still letting me enjoy the finer things in life. Also working with people that life off hourly pay helps put things in perspective also. But when a kid my age drives a brand new BMW, or some other 30,000 car they dont get the same knowledge as others. I know numerous people like this. I am glad to have to pay my own for those things i want but dont need. But if ur parents just give u money whenever u ask no matter what it is for ur view of a dollar is meaningless.

Old 01-07-2006, 11:27 PM
2nd Gear

just turned 20...i work from 9 to 8 monday to saturday,,,,sometimes sunday...live by myself since 17....by opition!!!

Old 01-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Administrator

im 22.. and paid for my old school A4 myself.. go figure.. it didnt cost that much

Old 01-07-2006, 11:53 PM
Tech Slut

hey i got one, any spoiled kids out there? any with an evo front mount on a b5 1.8? oh ok and finally wats ur adress? its ok ur daddy will buy u a new one. hahaha

Old 01-08-2006, 02:03 AM
2nd Gear

I'll admit im spoiled. I got my Audi for my 17th birthday. I realize i dont understand the value of a dollar as well as others but i am thankful for what i have and try not to take it for granted.

Old 01-08-2006, 02:25 AM
2nd Gear

While it might be easy to call them spoiled, you really have to look at what year/type of Audi they drive. I think that the majority of people on this forum under the age of 20 or in their early 20's have older models...... as in B5's for the most part. A 99.5 A4 1.8tq is not that unattainable (what I drive, I'm 22). And with how much we drive around, how many more people are on the roads than in the past, many people's parents want them to have a safe car. For example, I was going to get something different before I got my A4, my parents wanted me driving something safer bc I drove kinda far everyday on a bad road to school, my parents were moving out of state, and I drove a very dangerous road about 60 miles twice a week. My parents paid a little less than half my car, I paid for the rest. Some people have other circumstances in their lives too that they just need a car for in general. My mom has an illness where she can't drive, so when I turned 16 they bought me a nissan altima for 10K so I could drive to school, to my own appointments, and to take my brother and sister to school. I wouldn't call myself spoiled in that situation, yet when I was 16 people at school hated me bc i had a somewhat nice car.

But then again, maybe there are more young people on here with brand new Audi's that I am unaware of.

Old 01-08-2006, 02:30 AM
2nd Gear

dont blame then...is my dad was a rich man and gave me an brand new car or whatever...i'll take it!!!

Old 01-08-2006, 02:38 AM
2nd Gear

haha amen to that ^^^^^^^^^^. Except make it my mom. No ones gonna refuse a new car. right? i didnt

Quick Reply: Teenagers - Thread 2