Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Teen crashes S4 @ 155mph (video)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 02:58 PM
4th Gear

I was going through Chicago at about 3am one time and was in the middle lane, alone, when I saw a pair of headlights in the review.. coming fast. Very quickly, a Mustang was passing on the left and a Camaro convertible was on the right. Now, I was doing 75 and these guys were doing about 120-130. About 100 feet ahead of me they both tried to move to the center lane. Well, two objects occupying the same space doesn't work. They bounced off each other with the Mustang smacking the wall Earnhardt style, the Camaro going through the guard rail and taking to the air, and me shooting through the center, cursing.

When I got back to the scene, the Mustang driver was dead, of course, the Camaro driver was alive but really bad shape, he had his seatbelt on and airbag deployed, his girlfriend was thrown clear with a broken neck, no seatbelt.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:03 PM

douchebag. pure douchebag.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:29 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Midniteoyl
I was going through Chicago at about 3am one time and was in the middle lane, alone, when I saw a pair of headlights in the review.. coming fast. Very quickly, a Mustang was passing on the left and a Camaro convertible was on the right. Now, I was doing 75 and these guys were doing about 120-130. About 100 feet ahead of me they both tried to move to the center lane. Well, two objects occupying the same space doesn't work. They bounced off each other with the Mustang smacking the wall Earnhardt style, the Camaro going through the guard rail and taking to the air, and me shooting through the center, cursing.

When I got back to the scene, the Mustang driver was dead, of course, the Camaro driver was alive but really bad shape, he had his seatbelt on and airbag deployed, his girlfriend was thrown clear with a broken neck, no seatbelt.
Wow.... Where was this? I'm in Indiana too. I enjoy speeding every now and then but UI just refuse to do crap like that in any sort of traffic what so ever.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:05 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by auditech79
Strangely enough, i sold my S4 to a guy named "kevin" with about that same mileage on the video. This video didn't happen around the bay area in CA did it? Cause i'll go beat his *** if it was.
That'd just be nuts.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Tech Slut

Originally Posted by auditech79
Strangely enough, i sold my S4 to a guy named "kevin" with about that same mileage on the video. This video didn't happen around the bay area in CA did it? Cause i'll go beat his *** if it was.
was yours an 01? and it says Dane county which is Wisconsin, so i doubt it was yours...

dumbasses, how do you even manage that?

Old 05-03-2009, 12:05 AM
1st Gear

Something like this happened to me when I lived in Los Angeles. I was in the fast lane doing about 75mph on my way back home. I looked in my mirror and saw a car coming up super fast... ZEEEEWM - right by me. Then... ZEEEEEEWM! Another one.

Same thing, about 100ft in font of me, they both make a stupid lane change and plow right into each other.

Out of all of the cars on the freeway at the time, the District Attorney told me that I was the only one that called 911 so I had to show up in court as a witness. It was such a mess.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:29 AM
4th Gear

the District Attorney told me that I was the only one that called 911 so I had to show up in court as a witness. It was such a mess
Ya.. the lawyer for the girl was a ****... he kept going on and on with me like her dying was my fault . The lawyer for the camaro driver basically reemed him one cause I saved his client's life, then the judge did the same. I thought he was gonna get barred

Old 05-03-2009, 12:40 AM
1st Gear

Ya.. the lawyer for the girl was a ****... he kept going on and on with me like her dying was my fault . The lawyer for the camaro driver basically reemed him one cause I saved his client's life, then the judge did the same. I thought he was gonna get barred
Psh... I was on vacation in Vegas when the DA called me. They were like, "Sir, we need you to come back to Los Angeles to meet with us to talk about the accident." I told her, "You know, I already gave you a recorded statement last week. I'm on vacation right now, you're going to have to catch up w/ me when I'm back in town."

So she calls me up at work like, "All occupants of the vehicles denied being the driver - including the owners of the vehicles. One of the passengers is on life support. Since you are the only witness, we need you to testify." I told her that I only called 911 because it was the right thing to do. I didn't call to get involved any more than that.

It's just like when I moved here to Dallas. I call in a drunk driver who almost rammed this lady and her kid off the road. I was following him (about 1/4 mile behind) until the cops got him. The 911 dispatcher told me that if he wrecks, I could be held liable since I was following him. What the heck kind of BS is that?

Grr - just ranting, car is sad right now.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by FasterA4ThanUrs
was yours an 01? and it says Dane county which is Wisconsin, so i doubt it was yours...

dumbasses, how do you even manage that?
Yeah mine was an 01. Sold it to a rich kid from Santa Rosa, so i also doubt it was mine too.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:47 AM
Tech Guru

I wish I could afford and S4. If I could I would never do **** like that. I would be too afraid of totaling it.

Quick Reply: Teen crashes S4 @ 155mph (video)