Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

techs and tradesmen

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Default techs and tradesmen

new type = lap top waste of space
old = hands on "masters"

Old 01-07-2006, 05:03 PM
Default RE: techs and tradesmen

this is only to stir the ****

Old 01-07-2006, 05:30 PM
5th Gear

.......i'm very confused.

Old 01-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Senior Administrator

I was hoping everyone would ignore it and it'd fade further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further back, until it was but a distant memory

Old 01-07-2006, 05:48 PM

I was hoping everyone would ignore it and it'd fade further
don't waste this moment it explains what you think of techs/mechanics.
I'm a mechanic "time served" to UK standards

Old 01-07-2006, 05:49 PM

how are you trained in the US??

Old 01-07-2006, 06:25 PM
Senior Administrator

I dont call myself a "mechanic" but I can wrench...

I work in the IT field... Where I ALSO don't hold any certs, but I've been in the field for almost six years, so far, raises every year, but I don't consider myself a "techie" either.

I can build an Arc, given the proper resources, but I ain't a carpenter.

I can paint a house, JUST AS GOOD AS A PRO, but I ain't a housepainter, either.

I write poetry (ask anybody who's been here for more than a minit), and EVERYBODY tells me I'm pretty phugkin guud, but I ain't a writer.

I can, AND DO, do plumbing..., computer repair..., automotive repair..., painting..., roofing..., landscaping..., drafting..., and many, MANY, MANY other things. AND, I have the utmost RESPECT for those that do those things for a living, because I APPRECIATE what it takes to do those things at a professional level.

But, your thread is more than a little retarded, if only because it's not exactly clear what, if NEthing, your point was... YOU even said it was simply to "stir the ****."

My PERSONAL opinion is: Yu cudda kept this schitt. But, it's an open forum, so I dint "go there." Still, I'm hoping that it goes further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further, and further back, until it was but a distant memory

Although, knowing us like I do, I'm sure you'll have some witty retort, which I'll ignore, and others will similiarly chime in with intelligent or cute witticisms... And teh thread will survive for much, much longer than it would have had I taken my own advice and ignored it.

You may thank me via PM And I'll prolly ignore that, too

Old 01-07-2006, 11:28 PM

well I was down the garage yesterday because I needed my carburetors synced on my old jaguar since its been off the road for a few years the "mechanic" came out with his lap top to plug into the ALDL/DLC data Link connector, I was a little embarrassed when I had to tell him it didn't have one[:-]

Old 01-07-2006, 11:42 PM

this was no insult to the trained mechanic of old but a point out to the new tech to attach his brain before tackling a job on an old car which he seemed to have no idea of where to start

Old 01-08-2006, 12:23 AM
Senior Administrator

Old car = old fashoned (old?) mechanic

New car = new fangled (young) mechanic

Quick Reply: techs and tradesmen