Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Taxes... you suck!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 04:28 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by EvilA4
I still think its weird to have that much taken out of my pay check and get nothing in return.
What you don't like how the government helps themselves before you even see it.

If you want to keep your money and then attempt to screw the government start your own business.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:12 PM

Damn. And it was that simple this whole time? Start a business = screw over the government! Thanks, Mike Key!

Old 02-07-2010, 05:36 PM
2nd Gear

If you're getting close to nothing back, that's actually good. If the Fed is taking too much of your money and you get a return, that means you gave them a loan all year. The idea is to try to break even. So, if your return is being filled out properly, claiming 2 is the right thing to do. I recommend TurboTax as well - it'll help you figure out all the deductions you have coming.

Also agree with starting your own business if you expect to keep contracting. Depending on what state you're in, you need to pay a tax just to have the business (in CA it's $800). But the advantage is that you can write off a whole lot of "expenses" like dinners, office supplies, travel, etc. Those come right off of your income so you pay no tax on anything you can write off.

Last edited by yesss4; 02-07-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:54 PM
2nd Gear

So I am filing my taxes and found out that I am only getting $125 for federal and $14 from the state. WTF?! I usually get close to $900 from fed and $250 from state. Not only that but I have been seeing 20% taken from my paycheck each month! What gives? I thought I was going to get more back when they rape each paycheck?

Any expert tax people here? Anyone want to clue me in as to why my return is going to be so shitty and if I should claim myself differently?
make sure u r getting the "making work pay credit" MAX OF $400, I can make u an estimate, pm me, or post here,

Old 02-11-2010, 12:44 AM
2nd Gear

Damn. And it was that simple this whole time? Start a business = screw over the government! Thanks, Mike Key!
Actually Dipshit it is. The tax system ain't setup for the employee. With a little work you can setup a trust and then setup LLC's under that trust to start tucking away all your assets and you can incorp off shore and then start sending profits there as well. Hiding how much you make and limiting how much you pay. Big companies do this **** all day long.

No i just overly simplified it, but yeah. There are added benefits when you stop bitching and learn to use the system rather then letting it steam roll over you year after year.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Site Moderator

One word, corporation. Even if you own your own company, its worth its weight in gold to have a lawyer start a corp. for you. My company hasn't paid taxes in 3 years, and thanks to obama, the laws going to change so i probably won't have to pay for several more LOL. Corporations get taxed differently than you and I, you get taxed on how much you make, corporations pay taxes on whats left over at the end of the fiscal year. So lets say i make $300,000 this year, and i spend $280,000, i only pay taxes on the 20k, less than you pay and i make 10 times as much. Its why the rich always seem to get richer while the middle class gets f&%&*

Last edited by auditech79; 02-12-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by mikekey
Actually Dipshit it is. The tax system ain't setup for the employee. With a little work you can setup a trust and then setup LLC's under that trust to start tucking away all your assets and you can incorp off shore and then start sending profits there as well. Hiding how much you make and limiting how much you pay. Big companies do this **** all day long.

No i just overly simplified it, but yeah. There are added benefits when you stop bitching and learn to use the system rather then letting it steam roll over you year after year.
I'm sure the men & women who fought to protect the right of self-serving conceited greasy little *********** like yourself to speak like a complete a$$hole feel awfully good about this. I am also positive that you don't have the courage to call them, any of them, including the women or gays, dipshits to their faces. You are a coward.

You are everything that is wrong with this country. You take, but you give nothing back. You are unfit to speak or be in the company of real men. You deserve to come down with cancer or AIDS.

With traitorous c*nts like you in America, we don't need foreign enemies like Al Qaeda or Iran. You are willing and eager to destroy this country from within. The words here don't do justice to the contempt you deserve.

Stay the f*ck off my roads.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Site Moderator

^^^^ I can tell you've read atlas shrugged.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Guru

Originally Posted by Gordon Freeman Jr
I'm sure the men & women who fought to protect the right of self-serving conceited greasy little *********** like yourself to speak like a complete a$$hole feel awfully good about this. I am also positive that you don't have the courage to call them, any of them, including the women or gays, dipshits to their faces. You are a coward.

You are everything that is wrong with this country. You take, but you give nothing back. You are unfit to speak or be in the company of real men. You deserve to come down with cancer or AIDS.

With traitorous c*nts like you in America, we don't need foreign enemies like Al Qaeda or Iran. You are willing and eager to destroy this country from within. The words here don't do justice to the contempt you deserve.

Hoo Rah brother.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:22 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Gordon Freeman Jr

Wow, unoriginal and you just proved that all those words actually describe you since you know nothing about me. Small minded liberal. I would tell it to your face. And second what do you know of what I take and give? I probably give more than you.

BTW, while I now think you're an even bigger dipshit as you just proved, I and while I think some people are ignorant, like yourself, I would never wish ill will on another human being.

Last edited by mikekey; 02-16-2010 at 12:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Taxes... you suck!