Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

surgery tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Default RE: surgery tomorrow

hehe you know quite well its not advisable to have wisdom in the military that's probably why they pulled yoursj/k

Old 06-06-2007, 01:30 PM
4th Gear

^ makes a damn good point

Old 06-06-2007, 01:42 PM

old saying - dont volunteer because your dead and the stripes live on >>> sarge ( run today and fight another day on your turf ) live long with laughter and the lost will live forever in our minds-- freedom will win over fanatics who dont understand what democracy is and to those that dont ( it means free ) regardless of your faith

Old 06-06-2007, 02:13 PM
18T
4th Gear

I had my apendix taken out. It was the the first surgery ive ever had. The hour i was under was the best hour of my life.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:15 PM
5th Gear

Heh, I had four molars pulled at the same time as my four wisdoms... My wisdoms weren't even breaking the skin yet, so they had to cut and dig for them. I got them all yanked while I was under general anasthetic, and it wasn't a big deal at all. I was on pain meds that night, but the next day I didn't take any because I wanted to go out driving -- I'd bought the Corvette the day before I had the surgery... and was anxious to drive it. Haha, all puffed up like a chipmunk, out driving the vette with the top off.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:24 PM
4th Gear

My friend just had his teeth taken out Monday and he said its not that bad, especially since he gets to take vicidon. I went under the knife last year for the 1st time and it was a bit scarry at 1st but then you wake up and its done.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:05 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: veloracer

I'm having all 4 of mine extracted Friday... the day before our NorCal g2g. Pretty sure I'll be ok. My gf's sister had all 4 of hers pulled last year, and she was eating steak the very next day.
no way..... your mouth will be sour for a few days and there will be mild pain...(you will want pain killers) and you will be eating soup for a day or two.... after one day or so you can eat french fries and chicken nuggets if you put small peices into the side of your mouth....
believe me, frech fries will be the best!

good luck , oh and they might not put you under... just shoot you up with novicane.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:49 PM

hehehehe your going to die and an overstatement ( you will only be in pain forever )j/k your only getting a tooth pulled and at least you will be asleep I wish I had that option[:@]

Old 06-06-2007, 04:56 PM
2nd Gear

ya i'm getting put asleep for it they area also freezing my face so i dont feel it so much when i wake up, was told all i get are tylenol 3s which i hear dont do much.. I never had surgery befor and have never had any cavities,fillings,etc. done until now.. i have had perfect teeth till this point.

Old 06-06-2007, 05:08 PM

ORIGINAL: JETSPEED333

ORIGINAL: veloracer

I'm having all 4 of mine extracted Friday... the day before our NorCal g2g. Pretty sure I'll be ok. My gf's sister had all 4 of hers pulled last year, and she was eating steak the very next day.
no way..... your mouth will be sour for a few days and there will be mild pain...(you will want pain killers) and you will be eating soup for a day or two.... after one day or so you can eat french fries and chicken nuggets if you put small peices into the side of your mouth....
believe me, frech fries will be the best!

good luck , oh and they might not put you under... just shoot you up with novicane.
They probably will put me under. As far as recovery goes, everybody reacts differently to it. Hopefully, everything will go well and I hope I recover in time to go to the g2g. Should be ok... not worried about it.

Quick Reply: surgery tomorrow