Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

surgery tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 12:05 PM
2nd Gear
Default surgery tomorrow

I have surgery tomorrow, getting 4 wisdom teeth removed. i have to be admitted to the hospital as the 2 of the 4 are growing ina wierd angle and 1 is infected as i broke it a few days back. never been under "the knife" before so i have no idea what to expect. theres my highlight of the week lol

Old 06-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Default RE: surgery tomorrow

1 you wont go under the knife per-say its a simple extraction under anaesthetic and nothing to worry about ( just like having a tooth pulled ) but you will be asleep

Old 06-06-2007, 12:28 PM
6th Gear

wisdom teeth are easy, they put you to sleep and then pull them out. then you wake up later felling mostly no pain (thanks Oxycodine) and the send you on your way. I think you do have to have some gauze in your mouth for a bit because of bleeding but it's nothing too major. Good luck and eat alot of Ice cream. remeber to milk the pain as much as possible so that people wait on you hand on foot for a while.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:37 PM
2nd Gear

under anaesthetic ?

I had mine done in the military with a shot of novacain and plyers wide awake. ??
I actually did it to get a day off of work. It was worth it I think.

The removing isn't the worst part its the day after that's bad.

Hope you're not a smoker because if you do when its healing you're headed for infection and that is the worse case scenario.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:42 PM

I had mine taken out years ago with no anesthetic ( that numbs thenerves worked on ) I fainted because I have a low pain threshold

Old 06-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

if the teeth are impacted or protruding at a wierd angle -
he may be going under the knife... they have to cut open the Gums to get to the tooth..

if not - yeah I had the pliers extract 4 teeth [:@].. rocking back & forth to get that leverage to pull 'em out
sheeesh...

much better if youre under imo.

best of luck - its a common surgery Im sure youll be fine !

Old 06-06-2007, 12:50 PM

ORIGINAL: i3uddha

if the teeth are impacted or protruding at a wierd angle -
he may be going under the knife... they have to cut open the Gums to get to the tooth..

if not - yeah I had the pliers extract 4 teeth [:@].. rocking back & forth to get that leverage to pull 'em out
sheeesh...

much better if youre under imo.

best of luck - its a common surgery Im sure youll be fine !

now that's what the guy realy needed to know

Old 06-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

Dave - u know the TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE ! ! !

Old 06-06-2007, 01:05 PM

I'm having all 4 of mine extracted Friday... the day before our NorCal g2g. Pretty sure I'll be ok. My gf's sister had all 4 of hers pulled last year, and she was eating steak the very next day.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:06 PM
4th Gear

been there - done that - have the gaping holes in my gums to show for it! joking... lol

first thing the Army did was remove mine cuz they were growing in sideways - I was 19 at the time... it's a strange feeling to have an IV in you and the doctor tells you to count back from 100 and you get to 98 and next thing they are waking you up to go home and your mouth's full of gauze... those were fond memories... lol

No biggie, mate - you'll be fine - see if they can't toss them into a jar for you to take home [:-]

Quick Reply: surgery tomorrow