Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Sunthin' for the Bruthas on AF...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: Sunthin' for the Bruthas on AF...

ORIGINAL: 4dot

don't know if there are many other brotha's on AF but i might be the only other one besides yourself!!!!.......so i think you still owe me 'sunthin' [8D]
Naw, there's a few of us... I won't call 'em out... They'll speak up if they wanna...

Old 07-21-2005, 07:43 PM
1st Gear

Yesssss.........that'll do nicely AWD[sm=pimp.gif]

Old 07-21-2005, 07:56 PM
1st Gear

Yeah I would imagine it 2 be so, I hung out mostly in VA and MD stay away from the District. I'm from New Orleans and believe its worse there. Haters, wannaB thugs, synthetic pimps etc.
I believe N O is averaging 4 murders a day, truly sad.

Old 07-21-2005, 08:09 PM
Senior Administrator

NOLA? No schitt? I wen to kollage down dhere... SouthernU. Din't see too much of the Big Easy. It rained like a MF that 1st spring I was there. 6 straight days of rain... 5ft of standing water in downtown N/O. Of course, that ain't zackly a phenomena down those parts. What I remember most is: 1) the size of teh mosquitoes, and 2) Waterproof, LA. Never saw teh place, but, SERIOUSLY, how can NEplace in LA be "waterproof"?

small world, huh? whut branch U in? I'm former Army. E-6 type. Spent 17 years in Europe. Germany mostly. Ita;y, too. And a few other places I either can't or won't mention (awww... who'm I kiddin'? It's won't mention) think 'bout gon back in evenrtime I see another news item about Choppers brought down; roadside bombs; car-bomb attacks... Just thinkin 'bout it, so far...

Old 07-21-2005, 08:20 PM
1st Gear

yeah i've been to the "boot" a few times and been to a few less than desireable areas and the truth is there's a spot(s) like that in every city. i'm from HOUSTON or more affectionatly known as the 'H' ; the 5th and the 3rd (wards) are were it all goes down. But don't discount the good times in the hood either!!!! We 'bobby-keuw' year-round out here!!!!

Old 07-21-2005, 08:48 PM
1st Gear

Yea podna, born and raised in the Big Easy, prone to every hurricane brewing in the Atlantic.
I read a report that had Hurricane Emily hit NO, they would still be trying to drain that place out. But I went to Univ of SW La for 2 yrs, got tired of the books and all I wanted 2 do was play ball and chase H 's. No longer Active duty I was SFC in the Army, took the early retirement at 17yrs and ran. I'm now a DOD Air Force contractor working with F16 pilots here in Spangdahlem AFB, Germany. Luv my job but I hate this area so its a good trade-off!!
There's a good chance I'll be deploying to support OEF around the Jan 06 timeframe.

Old 07-21-2005, 09:01 PM
1st Gear

Yes 4Dot I miss those times doin BBQ's and picnics, times have changed. I do agree with U about each city having its terrible spots, in NO the 9th and 7th wards R notorious for Homocide-suicide, murder, and the list goes on... But I've never been to the "H", but I enjoyed San Antonio Luv that place!

Old 07-21-2005, 09:28 PM
5th Gear

jazz....now you got me feelin left out....can i be an honorary brotha?

Old 07-21-2005, 09:57 PM
1st Gear

yeah Bent, in AF we all are.................wouldn't suggest it on the ward streets tho!!!! [sm=smiley33.gif]

Old 07-21-2005, 10:49 PM
Senior Administrator

Nah! Brian (BentFrame) is aiight. Jus need ta werk on him tan iz all...

Spandaghlm, man yu out N tha boonies... Some good backroads to work on yo technique tho. Bak when I'z a Spc. at Tompkins Bks and Rhein Main I useta bump me this Maj stayed out north of there, don't remember tha town but, two years after I came back to the world (5 years ago) I ran into her, again. She's a bird now. My wheels at that time was a Turbo Calibra, so gettin around wudn't no prob.

Quick Reply: Sunthin' for the Bruthas on AF...