Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

The SUNDAY morning thread...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 08:25 AM
Senior Administrator

No IHOP, this Sunday. Just laundry, cleaning, and thoughts of YOU <sniff-sniff>

Old 12-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Administrator

How about the snow Jazz? Been funny watching people around here deal with snow though. I grew up in Erie, PA where it snows like 10 months of the year lolz.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Senior Administrator

Yeah! Especially since it isn't really even accumulating ON the pavement. I grew up in Michigan, where we have the same 7-10 months of winter/snow as Erie gets, so I am all LoLz, too! That, and the 60-degrees IS C-C-C-C-COLD, mentality.

Someone shud start a public-service advertising campaign:

If you're AFRAID to drive in the Rain/Sleet/Snow... Afraid of what might mappen... Afraid of what you might do wrong... Afraid of what some other clueless driver might do to YOU...

STAY YO @$$ HOME, DAMNIT!!!

Quit driving 5mph JUST BECAUSE there is snow coming from teh sky and the pavement is wet!!!

Old 12-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Yeah I agree. Seein people driving their Geo Metros with bald tires and fogged up windows makes my butt hole pucker up lol. I wish people would just stay the f*ck home. It snowed all day yesterday and in the 1.5mile stretch between my apartment and the grocery store i saw two people stuck.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Senior Administrator

I have actually taken it upon myself to become the
"your-tire-is-dangerously-low,-lady,-you-should-go-directly-to-a-gas-station-and-put-some-air-in-it-before-you-kill-yourself-and-everybody-in-your-car-including-those-children-you-probably-swear-you-care-about.-My-GOD,-lady,-how-can-you-NOT-feel-your-car-PULLING-to-the-right(or, left, depending)-as-hard-as-it-must-be?-You-couldn't-possibly-have-more-than-5-lbs-of-air-in-there,"
guy, for the Metropolitan D.C. area.

You're welcome to join me in my pointless, fruitless, thankless activities; but, ONLY if you enjoy seeing the vapid, clueless nods of people as they drive/wander off, certainly muttering about the whack-job who accosted them and obviously doesn't know what he's talking about since they just had their tires rotated two years ago, and they were just fine, then.

It's fun!

Try it, sometime.

Last edited by AWDaholic; 12-06-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Senior Administrator

Another Sunday, another attempt at getting mentally prepared for Monday, BEFORE Monday comes...

Most likely, another FAIL

Followed by the inevitable "oh-schitt, I gotta go to work" revelation when my alarm YANKS me from my tranquil dream-state 17.5 hours from now!

Old 12-13-2009, 01:01 PM
Administrator

A beautiful Sunday morning after the rain this past couple of days.

Next week should be a breeze. It's gonna be followed by couple sessions of boarding.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:28 AM
Senior Administrator

A wonderful, snow-christened morning, here in my nations capital. Takes me back to my childhood, back in Detroit, where we used to bumper-ski. Of course, back then, bumpers were gi-normous hunks of chromed metal hung off the front and back of cars. Kinda like the guardrails you see in highway medians, except chromed, slightly smaller, and on the cars. Serverd teh same basic purpose, though. If you think of bumpers as short for "bumper-cars" then you understand the mentality behind bumpers, back then.

So, best technique was to wait until the car stopped at an intersection (we played this game on neighborhood streets, BTW, not main streets) and, as the big, lumbering behemoths (Cadillac DeVilles are 2-3-5 feet shorter, now, than they were, then) attempted to pull away from the stop, with their rear-wheel drives & bias-ply tires (look it up), you'd run out and grab onto the bumper and "ski" until you lost your nerve. Prime was the middle, and you hadda FIGHT for your space, like a game of king-of-the-hill, except on snow-covered pavement.

Can't do that with cars, nowadays. Nothing to grab onto.

Those were the days.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Been funny watching people in the snow down here. Glad I had my Quattro this morning! How much did you get in the district proper?

Old 12-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Guru

Well up here we got a few inches of the slick and wet ****... So I went drifting. Then I tanked a curb going 5 mph, no damage. On my way home I slid into a ditch going 35 mph. Parked my car at the top of my driveway because I didn't want it to slide and hit the house or my dad's truck. Got up yesterday morning and went to check her out in the daylight and my car was in the front end of the truck. No damage to his truck but my car needs a new radiator, hood, headlight housing, and some serious bumper cover repair. Merry ******' Christmas....

Quick Reply: The SUNDAY morning thread...