Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

The SUNDAY morning thread...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 02:57 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by kriptonik
Beautiful Sunday morning here in SoCal except it's getting hot already.

I want it to rainnnnnn!

fine, take all the downpouring rain combined with the 40 degree weather from new england id appreciate it

its only fun if its snowing, which it isnt yet haha

Old 11-01-2009, 08:41 AM
Senior Administrator

Man, lemme tell ya, that EXTRA HOUR of sleep felt GOOD!!!

Old 11-01-2009, 09:07 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
Man, lemme tell ya, that EXTRA HOUR of sleep felt GOOD!!!

haha, who was sleeping when it rolled back, that extra hour I gained to burn stuff was awesome.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Senior Administrator

I've been putting in some long hours (I have two jobs, remember), lately. I'm tryin to figure out how to get the clock to rool back one hour EVERY sat nite/sun morn, for the rest of the year!

Old 11-01-2009, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Another amazing Sunday.

Taking it easy this week.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:07 AM
Senior Administrator

How old(er) techies enjoy themselves Saturday nights:

I've spent the last 3 hours tracking/fighting/defeating a trojan... I think I picked it up from work. <In my BESTEST Monk-voice> Here's how it happened:

I have a "working" folder on my dedicated share. 99.99% of the time I copy that folder to my work-issued Data-Traveler Black-Box (DTBB), in case I need to diddle around with something after hours (WORK files... get yer minds outta the gutter). Which is what I did on Friday on my way out the door. I never worry about spyware & trojans & viruses (oh my!), because there are only two places I use my DTBB. Work, and here. Here is clean. Two different AV's run nightly (at different times, of course).

SO, I plugs in my DTBB to pull up a file my boss wants me to re-send to him from my working folder and SUDDENLY EVERYTHINNG is flowing like pond-water! Several attempts at making it happen... NO GOOD! Re-boot & re-try... NOPE!! Everytime I plug the DTBB in EVERYTHING goes into action/adventure pic s - u - p - e - r - s - l - o - m - o - . - . - . Somrthngis RONG, besides my spelling & dyslexia.

Boot into safe mode & run my top AV scan... After 90 minits of watching the status bar inch across the screen... nuthin! Re-boot, yet again, plug in the DTBB... That same AV scan program (it does on-access scans, too) pops up with a "whad ya wan me do wit dis 'ere baddie" warning! FINALLY, 3.75 hours later, a clue as to what the problem is!

I quarantine the file, re-boot, re-mount (it's a technical term for accessing a device, so, again, get yer minds OUTTA the gutter, OK?) the secure thumb and send my boss the file, 8.5 hours after he asked me for it (I wasn't at home when he called, of course).

Why, wha'd YOU do last night?

Old 11-22-2009, 09:48 AM
6th Gear

How college kids spend their saturday... I was up at 4am, on a bus and drinking at 5am, in that state up north by 10am, watched the game, then was back on the bus around 5pm, kept drinking back to C-bus till around 10pm, then went to a house party for a bit and eventually went and closed the Bier Stoube at 2am with pitchers as cups.

It was a fuuuunnn saturday and now I'm drinking tons of water and need to start homework.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:17 AM
Senior Administrator

You NEED electrolytes!

Gatorade/Powerade/sports drinks!!!

Old 11-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Administrator

It's not even morning anymore (11:30) - Well, technically it is but I'd feel weird having a bowl of cereal and calling it my breakfast at this hour.

But good morning!

Old 11-29-2009, 08:17 AM
Senior Administrator

A BEAUTIFUL DAY, here in my nations Capital! Waiting for my Niece & her Grandmother to call... Gonna treat them BOTH to IHOP, this morning! Whoo-Hoo!!!

Quick Reply: The SUNDAY morning thread...