Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

The SUNDAY morning thread...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 07:55 AM
Senior Administrator

Happy SUNDAY!!!

Been up ALL NIGHT!

Set up the rules for the *new* SPAM-Jumpers game, for those that wish to play. 1st place trophy is gonna be a beer mug, from my Zazzle shop. I haven't designed the Spam-specific one, yet, but there is a mug up, if you wanna getta kinda idea of what it'll look like. 2nd & 3rd will be t-shirts, again, I ain't designed 'em, yet. 4th & 5th, IF we get more than 15 players, will get keychains.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:15 AM
2nd Gear

What kind of t-shirts are you thinking about? Audi related or just something random?
I saw these shirts the other night on www.ikickrocks.com and they look really cool ;-)

Old 09-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by Emilgevor
What kind of t-shirts are you thinking about? Audi related or just something random?
I saw these shirts the other night on www.ikickrocks.com and they look really cool ;-)
Well, since I have an *in* with the owner of my Zazzle shop (i.e. ME), I figured I'd commission a *special* set of one-off items JUST FOR the SPAM-Jumpers game... In othr words, the prizes will say something retarded like: 1st Place (or, 2nd Place, 3rd Place) AudiForums.com 2009 SPAM-Jumpers Contest (Fall League). With a suitably modded picture of a can of Spam, naturallly.

While I am a BIG fan of Über-Qüül t-shirts, I thought I'd go for campy. I don't remember what I gave out for the 2nd and (I think we did a 3rd) round of SPAM-Jumpers (making this the 4th time I've done this), the 1st time we did actually give away cars. Matchbox cars, that is.

One the PLUS side, if you suck only a little bit, or slightly more, at this game, you'll have a T-Shirt that NO ONE ELSE on the entire planet has! How qüül will THAT be?!?!?

Old 09-13-2009, 02:41 PM
2nd Gear

im going to have to talk to someone about this game because i read the rules over and over and still have no idea how to play... LOL im just slow like a 12v A4

Old 09-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Senior Administrator

Basically, if you see a spam thread, ANYWHERE on the boards, post in it (you should start seeing what I'm talking about, before today ends as there are at LEAST 6 spam threads that I saw as I was poking around, last night), and I'll keep track of everybodies score. 1st to post gets more points, naturally. 1st to score 100 points WINS!!!

Old 09-13-2009, 04:16 PM
2nd Gear

but how do you know in which threads i post? I mean what if 100 people play how do you keep track of everyone posting on spam threads? and can you reply with a link to a spam thread so i have a rough idea

Old 09-13-2009, 04:55 PM
Senior Administrator

Ah!!! I see your point. This thread: https://www.audiforums.com/forum/sho...t=spam+jumpers is from either the 2nd or 3rd game, I think. It was the scoreboard thread. You'll see that most folks were only TOO HAPPY to post up a link to where they found the spam, or, at least a veiled reference to where it was, in the spirit of gamesmanship.

Look, it;s not rocket surgery. Think of it as an impromptu game of "freeze-tag," from back on the block. Basic rules are understood, but, we don't let no stinkin rules interfere wit da GAME!!! Find the SPAM! Post up your random comment in the spam thread. You'll eventually hafta let me know where it is, if you want the points, naturally, and one of teh Mods or Admins will hafta lock it, too.

The whole thing is, and always has been funded and managed entirely by me, because I lack good sense, mostly. Also because I like to have fun at the expense of people who annoy me, like spammers. It's either this, or, pull the wings off of flys (turning them into "Walks," I guess). My religious beliefs frowns on harming gods creatures without good cause, so, I do this.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:56 AM
Senior Administrator

Speaking of religious beliefs...

Sunday morning is upon us, once again. Ramadan AH1430 is done, and, I think this was a pretty good one, for me. No make-up days, thins year, so I get to *enjoy* the Eid with a light conscience. Not something that happens every year. All praise to the almighty for letting this be one of them. Inshallah, many more will come.

Well, I'm off to design and post our Spam-jumpers prizes, now. Hopefully they won't sukk!

Old 09-20-2009, 09:46 AM
1st Gear
Default Las Vegas Sunday Morning Insanity!

Look out if your traveling on the 15 near Charleston Blvd exit
we have what appears to be a routine cluster &$#%.
High today will be so hot you don't want to know, and the only clouds are the pollution drifting over from our coastal neighbor.
So Happy Sunday To All..

Old 09-27-2009, 08:59 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

mornin peeps.
i'm just sippin coffee on this brisk fall morning.
thinking about cleaning the garage today......just thinking about it right now though. not sure if action will enter the equation.

Quick Reply: The SUNDAY morning thread...