Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

The SUNDAY morning thread...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 10:24 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: The SUNDAY morning thread...

ORIGINAL: S4sweetee

look how dirty mywheels are, though.[:'(][:'(]
how embarassing is that!!! that's about as bad as a girl goin out without doin her hair and makeup!!!
It's winter!! Wheels are supposed to be dirty!!

Like I told you, buy some reasonable aftermarket wheels, and put these on them...

...and the BBS will stay clean all winter.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:28 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

what tire is that?? i usually just use all season tires.

and ifi did that i don't know what i'd do with the bbs. do i drive back and forth to the tire store 4 times to bring each wheel home??

Old 12-16-2007, 10:34 PM
5th Gear

Can't you stack them in your trunk?? Or maybe have your husband and/ or son change them??

I don't know what tires those are - I just found them through a google search. Shouldn't be too hard to find something to that extent, though.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:40 PM

ORIGINAL: kolbs_91
Can't you stack them in your trunk?? Or maybe have your husband and/ or son change them??
my trunk? i don't think so. (and lmao on the hubby/son doing that!!)
wouldn't i havea set of all season tires on the bbs rims?
then a second set with different rimsand winter tires?

Old 12-16-2007, 10:44 PM
5th Gear

Ummm...yeah. I'd ask you if your trunk was really that small, but something like that can all too easily be taken out of context.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:48 PM

your funny!!
well it's a cabrio, so there's no fold down back seat. space is limited. only one wheel with tire at a time....unless i left the spare at home, then i guess it would only take 2 trips.

think it's worth it to do something like that? sounds like a lot of effort to me.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:52 PM
5th Gear

If you'd have to take four trips each time, it's probably not worth it. Unless you have that much trouble with the all-seasons. How old are they??

Old 12-16-2007, 10:56 PM

well i made the mistake of only replacing 2 last time, so now i have 2 old ones and 2 average ones.
i should probably just get all 4 new, but they're kinda expensive.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:58 PM
5th Gear

That would bug the hell out of me. I'm OCD about things like that.

Old 12-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: S4sweetee

well i made the mistake of only replacing 2 last time, so now i have 2 old ones and 2 average ones.
i should probably just get all 4 new, but they're kinda expensive.
OK, it's not even Sunday, anymore, but I'm *just* now seeing this...

You should see if Falkens are available in your area. They are, IMHO, $-4-$, the BEST UHPAS {(U)ltra (H)igh (P)erformance (A)ll (S)eason} available. Typically under $100/tire (mounting & stuff extra, of course), often-times under $90/tire. Better than average performance in teh rain (*I've driven @ 135+mph, in my European-Gigolo-days, in pouring rain, with out a misstep) and snow (*100+mph, also in my European-Gigolo-days, highway travel, low/no traffic). And, you don't lose any dry weather capability for those days when it isn't snowing or raining.

Now that I'm more or less solvent, again, the Falken ze912's will be my "winter" tires. Haven't yet decided on a summer...

*I've done some incredibly stuuuuuupit manuvers, in teh rain and snow, with Falkens UHPAS ZE502's, and ZE512's. Thinsg that I'm sure would have wrinkled teh fenders and scratched teh paint, with anything less than UHPAS tires, and probably even UHPAS tires from most other brands.

**Only accident I ever had, in teh snow, was when I crested a hill @ approx 50mph and on the down-slope of teh Autobahn there was, literally, about 15 cars spinning and sliding and bouncing between teh guardrails, already. I even managed to avoid 4 of them, thanks to the tires (and, of course, my obscenely capable skills), before I put myself into an unrecoverable spin trying to avoid a VW microbus that pin-balled off another car directly into my bailout path aling the snow-covered, grassy shoulder (which, teh Falkens were maganing to handle, I might add, with aplomb).

Quick Reply: The SUNDAY morning thread...