Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

The SUNDAY morning thread...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 09:12 AM
4th Gear

^ good luck!

Happy Sunday e'erybody!

Old 06-17-2012, 11:26 AM
Tech Guru

Thanks! I figure it'll take 6 months or year before I feel I'm fully ready for 3 weeks of complete hell then the insanity that is the Q Course.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:40 PM
4th Gear

at least a year... my little bro trained over a year for AF spec ops. He's in great shape now, but got sick the first time through, then tore a quad muscle the second... docs just cleared him to try again in a couple weeks.

I'm starting air assault school on Friday. I'm a tad nervous about my physical state... 32 years old and 12 years in has take a toll on my body... Zero day... BRING IT ON!

Old 06-18-2012, 10:01 PM
Tech Guru

I hear the worst part is the 12 mile ruck.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by airguard350
I hear the worst part is the 12 mile ruck.
I did the Vierdaagse Nijmegan March; where the ruck hadda weigh 10-kilos at the END of teh march (dry weight), back in 1990 (googlehz, yo). I cud do 12miles standing on my... feet!

Sheeeeesh... KIDS these days!

Old 06-24-2012, 05:58 AM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Thus begins another Sunday.

at work

working through the first pot of coffee. hoping for a nice peaceful day. lots of paperwork to get to today, end of the fiscal year and all.

hope all are well

Old 06-24-2012, 07:29 AM
Administrator

Beau, seems like every week your Sunday is like mine. Is Sunday a scheduled day for you, or is it OT or just time you do because things need to get done? It's definitely a get-stuff-done-that-needs-doing kind of day, but at least it's OT for me, which makes it somewhat better. All the more reason you really need to make it to a meet sometime. A Sunday is so much more enjoyable when you greet it at a campsite, sitting by a fire with coffee (or beer, if you're Pat), knowing you don't have to work, and all you have to do is relax with retarded Audi friends

My Sunday - heading to work soon for awhile, then mow the lawn. At 4, I'm taking the kids to Pulaski to meet my parents. They've got a place on a lake up in the adirondacks and are meeting me in Pulaski to take the kids up for the week to do some hiking, mountain climbing, and boating. Then I'm headed to Evans Mills to pick up a set of wheels and tires at an absurd price, stopping in Syracuse on the way back to vagcom Tyler's car and clear the airbag light, then finally roll back home and crash for a few hours before work tomorrow.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:42 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
Then I'm headed to Evans Mills to pick up a set of wheels and tires at an absurd price,
Say hi to Ft. Drum for me. I actually miss that place compared to Kansas and Texas.

Happy Sunday e'ery body.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:01 AM
Senior Administrator

Technically, I *could* have posted firsties, here, as I've been up for several hours. But, I wanted you guys to have a shat at some Sunday morning glory.

happy sunday!

Old 06-24-2012, 12:48 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
Beau, seems like every week your Sunday is like mine. Is Sunday a scheduled day for you, or is it OT or just time you do because things need to get done? It's definitely a get-stuff-done-that-needs-doing kind of day, but at least it's OT for me, which makes it somewhat better. All the more reason you really need to make it to a meet sometime. A Sunday is so much more enjoyable when you greet it at a campsite, sitting by a fire with coffee (or beer, if you're Pat), knowing you don't have to work, and all you have to do is relax with retarded Audi friends
I work 24/48, 24 hours on, 48 hours off, and I don't work Mondays. So every third Sunday, it is my regular day to work, no OT. Weekends and Holidays have virtually no meaning.

I'd love to make a meet, but my finances, being the disaster they are, kind of prohibit me from being the "free spirit" I would like. That coupled with the wife/kid/cash situation make a weekend away a pretty hard sell.

Sundays are usually pretty quiet/laid back at work which makes it the ideal time to get caught up on paperwork. I've been procrastinating getting these evaluations done and have to make sure I've got everyone covered before they are off on vacations or whatever else. Luckily I don't have too many to do, but the higher uppers demand personalized details, so I can't just cut an paste.

Quick Reply: The SUNDAY morning thread...