Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

The SUNDAY morning thread...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Worked this morning for awhile (day 14), then home. Did a couple hours of yard work (cleaning out dead growth and mulching), had a beer, shifted gears, and grabbed some tools. Changed the cabin filter in the Odyssey - one of the few periodic maintenance items I had yet to do since we got it), and got a small birds-nest worth of crap and a black filter out of there. Ought to breathe much better now. Next up, clean my wheels and fire up the grill.

Hope you guys are having a similarly-laid-back kinda day before the routines return tomorrow.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Sounds like a productive weekend Jeremy. I'm jealous.

Just got back from a VW show with my pop. About to bust out the grille and fire up some steaks for tonight. It's a pretty nice day out.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Administrator

It has been - yesterday was work, then vagcom scan on a coworker's TT, took my daughter to a dance rehearsal and took the kids shopping for clothes, then up to a roller derby bout (friend's daughter was in her debut).

Overall, yeah, good weekend.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:40 AM
Administrator

Well technically it's Sunday here in NY, so happy Sunday fellas. Spent Saturday taking my daughter to the doctor, then work for a little bit before getting a new driver side flex welded in (it broke cleanly at the weld and sounded like a prop-driven bomber). $194 later it's purring again. Did yard work, then loaded up the family, met friends for dinner, and we took our kids to a circus. When I wake up, it'll be work, then detailing the car. Wife and kids are going to run some errands so I'll have the place to myself. Clean the A4, then put my feet up on the patio table with a beer and a book and remind myself why I work to have this place

Old 05-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Tech Certified

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
Well technically it's Sunday here in NY, so happy Sunday fellas. Spent Saturday taking my daughter to the doctor, then work for a little bit before getting a new driver side flex welded in (it broke cleanly at the weld and sounded like a prop-driven bomber). $194 later it's purring again. Did yard work, then loaded up the family, met friends for dinner, and we took our kids to a circus. When I wake up, it'll be work, then detailing the car. Wife and kids are going to run some errands so I'll have the place to myself. Clean the A4, then put my feet up on the patio table with a beer and a book and remind myself why I work to have this place
Jeremy , check your engine mounts! I have seen a lot of clean cracked pipes caused by bad engine mounts. Too much torsional twist & snap.

Otherwise just here cleaning the Beemer for a BMWCCA Shine& Dine.
Chapter Event Calendar | 3rd Annual Dine & Shine | New York BMW CCA

Old 05-06-2012, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Makes sense - ill look at them. I was attributing it to normal wear and exposure to NY weather (13 years and 215k miles, all in upstate NY), but since I'd like to not have to do it again anytime soon, I'll look them over. Thanks for the hint man

Old 05-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Happy Sunday everyone.

I'm glad you got your flex fixed. I still think you have the cleanest under carriage in the world. Haha.

Speaking of exhaust, does anyone know where I can get an electronic exhaust cut out for a decent price? I don't want to spend $300 on something just for LOL.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:38 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

happy Sunday everyone!

paying the price for "new" workout routine. Literally hurt to walk yesterday. Still hurts today but at least I'm not hobbling around like a cripple (no offense to the cripples)

Old 05-13-2012, 05:52 AM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

lasties last week. firsties this week!

spending the day at work. hoping for a nice, slow day.

hope all are well

Old 05-13-2012, 09:32 AM
Tech Certified

Makin Bacon with a few sleepovers from last nite!

Quick Reply: The SUNDAY morning thread...