Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Summer Meet feeler

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Guru
Talking Summer Meet feeler

This is a feeler for a summer meet.... Forgive my shitty typing as i am just throwing this together and if it flies we can refine it for the regional sections, just in case some people only check in there...

We have a couple of options,

A) meet up at my house bbq, drink some beer, maybe do some wrenching, go down to the city and find a nice spot for pix.... go on a little cruise.... nice thing about a big city meet is there is plenty of night life if people want to go out and see sights or whatever...

B) kolby said we could all cruise up to his dad's house bbq, beer pong, swimming pool, he has a few rural spots we can take pix.... we did it before and then he has alot of wide open straights and twisties.... but if someone breaks down we are in the middle of nowhere.... and there are a couple of larger towns 15-20 minutes n or s.......

lets gauge interest on a meet then we can choose a or b..... possibly meet up and do both.. he is only 2 hrs away from me..... crash at my house friday night....do some stuff sat in stl then cruise up and finish off at his house sat/sun

in you are down chime in, let us know what month everyone thinks will work the best

i call it a summer meet but lets make this happen when we can get the most people

Old 01-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Tech Guru

please keep this thread on topic and don't derail it.. if it gets derailed can a mod erase those posts.... and mods don't derail it

Old 01-28-2011, 10:07 AM
1st Gear

id really like to make it out there as long as get plenty of notice..we should try a 3 day weekend like 4th of july, labor day or even possibly memorial day? sounds like the best plan to me so not many of us have to miss as much work since some of us (like me) are so far away...

Old 01-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Cool to see this - hopefully your turnout is good and it becomes a regular thing as it has up here. Guys, if you're within 5-6 hours or even more, make the drive. Meeting the crew you talk to on here everyday, putting faces to names and beers to faces, makes ownership of your cars and membership here so much more fun.

SoCal needs to represent next...

Old 01-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Guru

jeremy i am talking about a full blown audiforums meet in stl this summer... meaning you n/e fools need to come down too

Old 01-28-2011, 11:59 AM
2nd Gear

Im down if I can find someone to meet along the way its a good 16+ hour drive for me

Old 01-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Tech Guru

chris said he is down and will drag jazz... dave said he is down... yu said he will come if we get 10 people.... keegan said he will come up from tx.... he will probably drag a tx person with him.... we will force don to come.... i'm sure you guys can drag nick, and if nick comes why not drag aledelic

Old 01-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Senior Administrator

Brie, If, I say IF the timing works out good, for me, and Chris is good to go, you can drive down to us and leave you're ride here; and roll wit Me & Chris. Chris' side of town might be a l'il bit safer, but I can't say 100% for sure. Where I stay ain't THAT bad, but, if I could afford to move, I would.

It ALL depends on teh date (what city will this be in, BTW, I may have a ready-made date, local to the area... Whut? JazzDaPIMP!!!)

Old 01-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Guru

we are looking at stl missouri or 2 hrs north of it..... you guys can snag don on the way and nick and those guys too

Old 01-28-2011, 01:45 PM
1st Gear

this would be awesome haha, though i wont be an audi owner by then >.< i can has still come? =P

Quick Reply: Summer Meet feeler