Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Suggestions on any tool kits?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 08:22 PM
1st Gear
Default Suggestions on any tool kits?

I want to buy a complete tools kit, I have found myself looking for tools all over my garage when i'm working on the car. Do you guys recommend any brand or any specific tools for audi? i know it might be a dum question.

Old 04-04-2006, 08:39 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: Suggestions on any tool kits?

Depends on how much you want to spend. Craftsman are good, they have a lifetime warranty.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:38 PM
Senior Administrator

I mostly just buy what I need when it's needed. Eventually I end up with tools I need to do the things I do. I am partial to Craftsman tools, FWIW. Mostly because that's what my GrandFather mostly used, and I learned at his knee...

Old 04-05-2006, 01:02 AM

i do wat AWD said, and i am also partial to craftsman as well as mac tools.

Old 04-05-2006, 03:25 AM
1st Gear

i have about $10,000 in craftsman tools but i have been breaking the drivers really easy, they don't make them like they used to, but they do have a lifetime warranty, but it is a pain in the a$$ when you have to go back to sears when your trying to fix your car.[&:]

Old 04-05-2006, 05:41 AM
3rd Gear

I just have the Home Depot special ratchet/wrench set...probably cost 100$, and it has a 3/8" ratchet+extension, a 1/4" ratchet+extension, metric sockets from 10-19mm, wrenches from 10-15mm.
Plus a set of stubby ratchet hex wrenches, which are amazing, and miscellaneous extensions and sockets. Allen keys, Torx keys, jack+jackstands.

Craftsman torque wrenches and breaker bars, and a nice set of big-*** forged metric wrenches. That's all I've needed so far. Probably about 300$ or less worth of tools, and I haven't had a situation yet where I was completely SOL because of tools.
I'm only talking about working on the car here.

Plus one insane stainless steel rolling tool cabinet. It is as high of quality as you could ask for, holds everything I need, for $499.