Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

subs and box

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 02:52 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: subs and box

And helicopters? Don;t you watch "World's Wildest Police Videos"?

I can see how it happens tho - that "fight or flight" mechanism takes over, man. When ever I know a cop has spotted me the very first instantaneous thought I have it can I pull off and maybe he won't find me... Of course, logic prevails.

Cop (Sheriffs Dept) pulled me over last week going 72 in a 55... had the GF in the car and 2 dogs in the back... He basically looked at me, ran my license for warrants and sent me on my way, not even a warning... It pays to be domesticated

Old 04-26-2005, 03:11 PM
2nd Gear

ouch I hate when that happens. I've passed cops before waited untill they were out of site mashed down on the throttle and raced like helll untill i got to the first side street. Not the smartest thing I've evr done. Hope they let you off easy

Old 04-26-2005, 03:47 PM
4th Gear

speaking of cops and speeding... best is to tailgait em when they're speeding (most do in my area)... just enough so it's still legal.
saw a cop in my mirror yesterday comin up behind me... i was doing 60 in the 50... he was doing 70. so he passed me... and i just stayed on his ***. come up to the light, i pull up beside him and gave him the jackass smile. he was none too happy... lol... but what's he gonna do? good times. he actually even put it up to 80 at one point.

Old 04-26-2005, 05:09 PM
5th Gear

it's not too difficult to run in certain situations, but you have to make that decision within the first few seconds and stick to it....i've never tried to run in a car, that's not really possible here in cali, but with a gixxer...just get on the gas, and youre gone....

Old 04-26-2005, 06:12 PM
Site Moderator

saw a cop in my mirror yesterday comin up behind me... i was doing 60 in the 50... he was doing 70. so he passed me... and i just stayed on his ***. come up to the light, i pull up beside him and gave him the jackass smile. he was none too happy... lol... but what's he gonna do? good times. he actually even put it up to 80 at one point.
You realize he actually can pull you over for tailing him at that speed, right? A cop does not need a radar gun to make a speeding ticket stick. All he has to do is look at his speedo and maintain illegal speed for a few seconds... as long as you stick with him he can pull you...

Old 04-26-2005, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Thats true Brrman but the legality behind it is that he has to be responding to something and have lights or siren on for safety reasons. Cops arent allowed to just speed (at least in WA state) Having a Law enforcement bg i can tell you its true.. I once followed a cop doing 95 in a 65 he pulled me over... he asks "Do you know how fast you were going!" and i said "only as fast as you" and he tried telling me he was allowed to speed.. I kindly reminded him that according to the R.C.W. (WA laws) that he wasnt he just walked away and drove off... i was laughing my *** off

Old 04-26-2005, 06:35 PM
2nd Gear

Ditched the cops once - with my wife in the right front, and my M-I-L in the back seat!

Old 04-26-2005, 06:48 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: brrman

You realize he actually can pull you over for tailing him at that speed, right? A cop does not need a radar gun to make a speeding ticket stick. All he has to do is look at his speedo and maintain illegal speed for a few seconds... as long as you stick with him he can pull you...
kinda feared that. but i was late... and thought... 'gotta test my luck'
no way he was gonna pull me over while he was speeding though. that'd have been bs

Old 04-26-2005, 08:17 PM
5th Gear

Cops are all about the BS... because honestly, is it hard to picture this scenario:

You're driving at 60, you get passed by ***-face cop, who's doing say, 75... You get behind him, and start following at 75. He pulls over, you pass him, he lights up the cherries. You're pulled over, he's writing you a 25 over, and you're telling him he "can't do that"... cops dont like to hear that. In fact, since he no doubt knew you were toeing the line, I could see him pulling you over... he'd know he was wrong, but they like to feel big and powerful. Anyways, the story ends in court, with your word up against his... I don't like your odds, as a young male driver.

Dont get me wrong, I totally see your point... but I'm just trying to point out the degree to which (some) cops are as*holes.

PS: I STILL havent gotten NFS:U2, wtf...

Old 04-26-2005, 08:59 PM
4th Gear

lol.. man, NFS is amazing. Finally unlocked the Mustang . My garage is sweet.
Mustang GT (still stock... except for rims and paint) 350Z (Fast as hell) and an RX8 (Purely for Street X and downhill drift) 2 more slots waiting to be filled... no idea what cars i want.

EDIT: and yeah.. if the cop pulled over, id have been just as hard on the brakes, and cruising at speed limit (or the legan 12 over) before he could light 'em up. Don't get me wrong, it's very risky. But, I was desperatly looking for a way to get there faster... and i had a po in my mirror most of the way... soon as he passed me i was golden.

Oh, and btw buddy... if you still have that box and subs in 1-2 months i might pick it up for that price... or just under

Quick Reply: subs and box