Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Stripping down the corrado

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 12:44 PM
Default Stripping down the corrado

not that you guys care but I began stripping down the corrado yesterday. The engine and tranny are out. I think its time to part it out and get another car. I have the engine and tranny already sold for 5 g's. i i have no idea what to get i was thinking another corrado but a canada spec car which is sooo much nicer. Also the porsche thing is still in the back of my head. But i found a 1995 corrado 2.9 vr6 in canada. Its that midnight blue pearl effect paint with black leather recaro interior (which was never brought to the US). But a 968 would also be really cool. I would probably have to save up a few more thousand bucks but i am at the obsessing stage of the corrado and only at the entertaining stage of the porsche. I know that a vw dosent compare to a porsche but there is something about that car i love. what else is a awesome sports car in a low price range, btw i am anti japan.

Old 08-29-2005, 12:58 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Stripping down the corrado

I'd be torn between a corrado and a 968... 968's are nice, really really nice (some of them)... but the corrado has always been one of my favourite cars. I drove a 93 SLC or whatever they are called a while back... had like 100K miles on it, but it was amazing. VW knew what they were doing when they built that thing.

Why are canadian spec ones nicer? I'm imagining all the corrado's i've driven have been canadian... as I'm in ontario, and all had km/h etc etc.

Old 08-29-2005, 01:35 PM
3rd Gear

corrado, or a 968?? Easy...968 all the way!!!

Old 08-29-2005, 01:42 PM
5th Gear

Would definately depend on the 968 for me. There is a red one around the corner from my house... big BBS wheels on it, and this thing is mint. I'd take it over any corrado... but a lot of 968's are bland, in my eyes... the corrado is VW history at it's best.

Old 08-29-2005, 02:45 PM
3rd Gear

Noo.. Mk1 Golf GTI!! Utter retro cool!

Old 08-29-2005, 03:44 PM

In canada there are a few differenced to the us spec. First the interior, us spec cars best interior option are leather sport seats the canadian eqivalent are leather recaros. Canada also had the 95 model year which had a full size spare, air bags, traction control, in dash cd, manual seatbelts, as well as a 2.9 vr6 instead of a 2.8 which was 190 hp vs 172. The canadian car is the same car you could buy in germany no differences the us spec is different. I know there is no logic to taking a vw over any porsche but i love corrados, it is a classic, the best handling fwd ever (with coilovers). It was so ahead of its time that it still is a top competitor in its class.

And good point a 968 that i can afford will need work where the corrado will be as good as a used car can be. Im waiting for pics of this one in canada, i really hope this guy didnt screw it up with body kits and stuff, i would cry if he painted his interior or something.

Old 08-29-2005, 03:46 PM
5th Gear

haha, good point... I love most all old vw's! I sooo wanted to buy this guys 92 Jetta GTX. It was bloody sweet... had the recaro seats, some cool 5 spoke wheels, the 4 headlight conversion... lots of sweet stuff.

Old 08-29-2005, 04:13 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: rayveedub

corrados, it is a classic, the best handling fwd ever (with coilovers).
What better than a mini, or an Integra Type R, (JDM VERSION), peugeot 205 gti, peugeot 106,???

Old 08-29-2005, 04:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Toff_the_Toffee

ORIGINAL: rayveedub

corrados, it is a classic, the best handling fwd ever (with coilovers).
What better than a mini, or an Integra Type R, (JDM VERSION), peugeot 205 gti, peugeot 106,???
only one of those cars are in the USA. and its would beat that out with coilovers

Old 08-29-2005, 04:58 PM

i've also been throwin' around the idea of getting a corrado.. how much aftermarket is there for them?

Quick Reply: Stripping down the corrado