Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Stress is bad

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 11:59 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Stress is bad

sex and lots of it... cure ya right up!

God's gift to mankind, I say!

Old 11-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Administrator

That was deep Dave!

I agree with you.

Old 11-30-2007, 01:47 PM
4th Gear

Awesome stuff David.

I agree 120%.. Everything was well put.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:50 PM
4th Gear

I often question the person who said college life is easy.
Anxiety and stress are a bad mix! Take some time out each day for yourself; even 15 minutes will do.
Some "you" time will help to relax, and regroup your thoughts. You don't have to do anything special.
It could be just hanging out in a quiet place having a nice daydream, or with some friends.
Anything to get your mind off of the pressures around you.

Set boundaries with the people around you that demand more of you than you can give.
Politely let them know that you have to focus on your school work, or whatever it is that requires your attention.
Everyone has their limits, but no one can know what your limit is unless you tell them.

It also seems like your doubting yourself. I'm not sure what school is it you go to, or your major...
But, people don't just go to college with the hopes that they will do poorly.
You've made it to the point you are at now, and I'm confident in your ability to succeed.
Close your eyes and picture yourself nailing that final with an A+, walking across the stage at your commencement ceremony; throwing your cap high in the air, and landing that sweet job!
If you can see it, you CAN do it! It's also a good technique to refocus yourself.

Like others have said; if you don't like your current job get a new one.
Easier said then done? Does your school have a career placement office?
If so go talk to one of the advisors, they are there to help you get a job; whether it be before or after graduation.
I've found them to be extremely resourceful!

As for the girlfriend, well this is a 2 for 1...
Ask the cute single girl (every class has at least one I'm sure) if she'd like to meet you in the library to help you study.
Study groups are a great way to relax, have fun, and most importantly learn!

I'd also like to add that setting goals for yourself is great! Just make sure you take little steps, instead of leaps to get across the finish line.
After all you don't want to get there and be too exhausted to reap your rewards.

I wish you the best of luck, from college student to college student!

Old 11-30-2007, 03:25 PM
4th Gear

In all seriousness, Panda - you need to learn to compartmentalize this list. The weight of this can seem daunting, but in the right perspective, it really isn't.

Try this make 3 lists - Immediate, Moderate, and Long Term

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress
its everything thats killing me, so much pressure to finish school and get a job - Moderate - concentrate at the task at hand - not the aftermath
im suppose to take care and fund my parents when i finish school - Long Term
own a dam house - if you have one now - immediate - if not, long term
my job sucks now - moderate - look for a better one - or preservere through this one until you can focus on getting another
everything that brought me joy only brings me pain now - immediate - figure out why and correct it
my car is pissing me off - moderate - who's doesn't??
im getting low on funds - moderate
im never gonna out do my dad and uncles - moderate
im never gonna find a gurl friend- long term - don't force fate, mate
im scared of the future - long term - but what's to be afraid about, honestly, mate?
i think everyone is out to get me - long term - just silly paranoia
i cant sleep - immediate - lack of sleep is a great concern - try this if you can't sleep go run a shower - as hot as you can take it - sit and clear your mind - concentrate on the water - you'll find yourself drowsy in no time, hopefully
i cant seem to do anything rite - moderate - that comes from lack of sleep - your concetration all whacked
im always getting the shorter end of the stick - moderate - believe in Karma, mate
im always being used - moderate - learn to say "no thank you"
i have to work so hard to get something

and even fuikcin harder to keep it - long term - nothing is easy, mate
nothing good ever happens to me - long term - ignore that idea, all good things come in time
the only thing i ever get is stuff makin my life harder - moderate - this is going to sound cavalier, but don't get involved with more complicated sheet than you can handle
im the good guy that finishes last - long term - don't sweat it, mate
i try to satify everyone and no one ever returns the favor - moderate- like Dave said earlier - concentrate on yourself - satisfy those that have satisfied you
That may be over simplifying it a bit - but as far as I can see, and I may be wrong, the lack of sleep is your only immediate issue. Correct that and alot of this crap will not seem as overbearing as you see them.

Chin up, m'boyo, tis the season in all and keep smiling - live up to your namesake, Panda - be mellow and eat bamboo leaves

Old 11-30-2007, 03:50 PM
Senior Administrator

I do yoga... Ashtanga yoga. That, and try to keep focused on the outcome, not the problems I have to overcome to reach any given outcome. The problems are a given, keep your eye on the future. Fall down 7 times-get up 8 times. You gotta keep going or you start to downard-spiral, and that is VERY hard to pull yourself out of. When you start to feel overwhelmed, call a friend and talk out your issues (PM sent)...

Old 11-30-2007, 05:08 PM
5th Gear

my skool had a bunch of chix from sum group walk around the dorms asking wut people do when they're stressed out. they then gave each person a couple of condoms and told us to use them after the exams. isn't SUNY Binghamton a great skool? lol. and im basically in the same situation as u man. funding parents and all that other stuff. well idk wut year ur in but im a sophomore and i try to think about now instead of the future. i kno it's hard but if u dont' do good now u won't have the future u would want. also i feel much better after a very long drive. driving has always been able to take my mind of things. i should be a taxi driver lol. hope u get better man. and no matter wut u do, stay away from heart problems and don't take too many pills.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:54 PM
Administrator

thanks for all ur advice

well i talked to a psychiatristand she said i have some kind of anxiety disorder
and i need to go in a few more times to see wat really goin on

Old 11-30-2007, 11:59 PM
5th Gear

Good luck with everything - hope you get to feeling better soon.

I can get really stressed out about things, as well. I don't think I've ever had an anxiety attack, but I sometimes wonder how far off they are. Sometimes, it's just really nice to have somebody to talk to about things.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:59 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

hang in there panda.

have you ever considered writing in a journal? write something every day, but only something that's good and positive. the glass can be half full just as easily as it can be half empty, you just gotta look at it from the other side of the kitchen table.

Quick Reply: Stress is bad