Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Stress is bad

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 01:31 AM
Administrator
Default Stress is bad

as you guys have noticed ur residental post ***** hasnt been active as much lately
and its becasue i been super busy and under alot of stress and pressure

Well the stress has finally caught up to me and taken a toll on my body
i been having health problems lately (thats why i changed my diet to healther foods)
i been totally out of it, tired, heart problems (scarey part) and lost of interest and i been cranky
so i finally went to the doctor and they said stress might be the reason for this
becasue they checked my heart,lungs, bloodand other vital organs and they are fine
they said my symptoms are probly caused by stress and my lack of sleep

so now i have to talk to my school psychologist and prove that im stressed out and get some drugs

Old 11-30-2007, 01:47 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Stress is bad

I am sorry to hear your stressed out. But, I really would not recommend taking pills or any kind of stimulants they can become very addictive and cause other problems. I am speaking from experience, I am not a doctor but my brother went throughsome stress issues and not being able to sleep and was prescribed some med's and he is know having problems with his liver from the effects ofover taking themed's. I would suggest trying to reflect on what your stressing about and taking different outlooks on it. Life is short and problems always occur it's a basic part of life, I am assuming your young, but trynot to over think and try to stay calm. It will get better, I hope I did not offend or say something wrong, but I have been their also take care......

Old 11-30-2007, 01:48 AM

i don't know if this will help, i sometimes have a hard time sleeping, but i started to stretch before i go to bed, it for some reason helps me relax and go to sleep faster. i don't remember who i heard it from or if its proven to work with everyone, but it helped me.

go to sleep and get better soon!

Old 11-30-2007, 01:48 AM
Administrator

I hope you will get better soon.

Try to get some more sleep if you can. Don't force your self too hard when it comes to school work.

Find something you really enjoy and always try to do it during your free time. I find that to help relax my mind.

I know some people purposely go to the gym at night to release their stresses. Have you tried that?

Old 11-30-2007, 01:49 AM
Administrator

i dont have the time for it aslo finals week is coming up[&o][&o]

its everything thats killing me, so much pressure to finish school and get a job
im suppose to take care and fund my parents when i finish school
own a dam house
my job sucks now
everything that brought me joy only brings me pain now
my car is pissing me off
im getting low on funds
im never gonna out do my dad and uncles
im never gonna find a gurl friend
im scared of the future
i think everyone is out to get me
i cant sleep
i cant seem to do anything rite
im always getting the shorter end of the stick
im always being used
i have to work so hard to get something
and even fuikcin harder to keep it
nothing good ever happens to me
the only thing i ever get is stuff makin my life harder
im the good guy that finishes last
i try to satify everyone and no one ever returns the favor

Life is slowly killing me

venting done i feel alot better now

Old 11-30-2007, 01:52 AM
Administrator

vnv727 nice sig nuthing like takin advantage of my crappy half awake typing

Old 11-30-2007, 02:26 AM
1st Gear

SERENITY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-30-2007, 10:56 AM
4th Gear

It sounds to me like you need to take a couple of steps back from everything, take a few deep breaths, and then focus on what is important to YOU. Judging from what you're saying, I think you seem overwhelmed with trying to deal with what others expect of you. Try focusing on what to expect from yourself - hell, be selfish about it. What kind of job doYOU want to do? Do you want to own a house, or would you rather have a condo, or just rent an apartment for a while? Why on earth do you feel a need to out-do your dad and your uncles? That's ridiculous, you shouldn't worry about that in the least. You don't like your job? Get a new one - you decide your job; your job does not define you. It's not easy to change jobs, but it can be the best thing for you at times.

You feel like you're being used, getting the shorter end of the stick, everyone is out to get you, you try to satisfy everyone but they never return the favor- well, to hell with them. Don't allow yourself to be affected. Don't play their game - play your own game, by your own rules. If you work hard to earn something, then take into account what will be necessary to keep it. But don't get caught up on things - prioritize. If you can afford to let something go, then let it go and move on; don't carry dead weight.

You'll finish school, and you'll do fine. Don't force yourself to do more than you need to - work smarter, not harder.

You're low on funds - well, so is everyone else. It's only money. It is a MEANS to an end, not an end in itself. Find something you can do that you can enjoy; or at the least, something that you can do without being over-stressed and over-pressured. Stick with it, and the money will come. Nothing good ever happens to you? Well, stop waiting for it to happen TO you, and go make it happen. You are in control of your life, you make your life what it is. Do what you want to do, and DON'Tbe tricked into thinking the things you want can only be had at the expense of what others want.

The girlfriend issue? Stop thinking about it. If you go out there and try and force it to happen, it won't. Just get out and meet people, meet women - as many as you can. But don't expect any of them to become your girlfriend. Eventually, you'll meet someone and she will mean so much more to you than the mere concept of a "girlfriend" that you'll wonder why on earth you ever bothered to worry about it. I promise.

The future is where your life is. The future is the best place in the world. All you have to do is go there, and make it whatever you want it to be. Don't be afraid of it. It's the best thing you've got to look forward to.

Remember your friends - they care about you, and they're there for you. All of us on AudiForums are here for you. Your family are there for you. Always speak frankly, especially about things like this, with your friends and family. Don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it.

"Sing as if no one is listening. Dance as if no one is watching. Live each day as if there is no tomorrow."

"Anything worth doing is worth doing well."

"Live life; Have fun; Regret nothing."

Best of luck to you, in all that you do.

-David.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:52 AM
4th Gear

well done, Dave.
Panda, feel free to PM me anytime. Many of us have been there. Many of us are there now. You are not alone and the battle is not nearly as unbeatable as it seems from your viewpoint right now. Clarity will come if you slow down to seek it. There are many ways.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:54 AM
4th Gear

Sounds like you need a long break. I feel your pain. My parents are still breathing down my neck about finishing school, home ownership is a b!tch, and my job sucks. Nowadays it seems like everything is designed to slowly eat away at your wallet and sanity. Whenever I feel bad about my crappy life I reflect on the good times. As well as remembering that even though life is sh!tty sometimes, I'm still blessed. Many people have it worse, and would love to be in my shoes.

Quick Reply: Stress is bad