Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Street Racing Death

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 03:33 AM
1st Gear
Default Street Racing Death

On 1/30/06 my good friend was killed in an accident from guys street racing. An IDIOT ran a red light (the opposite light was green) and hit my friends toyota on the PASSENGER side. He was killed on the scene. The police say that this guy was going about 110. My friends car was crumpled up into nothing. And the other guy was driving a Volvo. Its a sad story, this kid was great. 4 hour line at the viewing and over 700 people at the funeral.

We all drive fast but dont be that ******* stupid. Someones life isnt worth that. If your gonna race at least have some brains about it. We all do it but just think about that ****....

Old 02-10-2006, 03:35 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Street Racing Death

BTW... He was only 18...

Old 02-10-2006, 03:54 AM
2nd Gear

Wow... that always a bummer when someone so young dies, especially like that. Whats happening to the sh!thead who did that to him? Whatever he gets, its never enough to replace the life of someone so young.

Its a good reminder about racing. I keep it to open roads, with no traffic danger and late nights. Before I start, I always tell myself that its nobody's fault but my own if something happens. A while back, a kid at another highschool in my area was going 100+mph, no seatbelt, in a 99 mustang. He tried to change lanes, lost control and way ejected through the windsheild and killed instantly. I remember everyone tried to put the blame on something else, and even though people called me an f'ed up *******, I said I felt no remorse for him and that if you are going 100mph, and you crash, it is always your fault. There is a reason there are speed limits and if you break them, you can't blame anyone else but yourself.

Old 02-10-2006, 04:22 AM
4th Gear

sorry to hear that man. its always tough when something like that hits home esp with someone u knew

Old 02-10-2006, 05:03 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Cameron

Wow... that always a bummer when someone so young dies, especially like that. Whats happening to the sh!thead who did that to him? Whatever he gets, its never enough to replace the life of someone so young.

Its a good reminder about racing. I keep it to open roads, with no traffic danger and late nights. Before I start, I always tell myself that its nobody's fault but my own if something happens. A while back, a kid at another highschool in my area was going 100+mph, no seatbelt, in a 99 mustang. He tried to change lanes, lost control and way ejected through the windsheild and killed instantly. I remember everyone tried to put the blame on something else, and even though people called me an f'ed up *******, I said I felt no remorse for him and that if you are going 100mph, and you crash, it is always your fault. There is a reason there are speed limits and if you break them, you can't blame anyone else but yourself.
Well put! Very sorry to hear about your friend, that's too bad. Hope everything works our for his family...

Old 02-10-2006, 02:51 PM
1st Gear

Yea its a tough one. He leaves behind both he parents and a younger and older sister. He was so well known it was ridiculous

About the guy that hit him in the Volvo.... He was airlifted bc of "leg" injuries. The accident was so bad that they are still doing the investigation bc they cant really tell where everything was and what happened. No charges yet either.

Old 02-10-2006, 10:09 PM
5th Gear

It is frustrating to hear about this stuff... frustrating and angering. I can only imagine what it's like to be living it.

Hopefully his death will spark a positive change in people... so something good can come from it. He must have been a great guy. I'm really sorry to hear about this.

Old 02-11-2006, 12:18 AM

That sucks but going over 100 mph on the street with traffic lights is just dumb. Make no misteake about it...I speed myself although not as excesivley as above fatality but I do it either on the highway or some remote road away from traffic and traffic lights. But to each his own...I'm hoping there is a lesson to be learned here.

Old 02-11-2006, 12:43 AM

sry to hear that man. Its sad that some idiots can be so dumb an dnot only put there lives in jeopardy but also the lives of others.
Is her going to be charged with vehicular man slaughter?

Old 02-11-2006, 12:50 AM

N/M I didn't read the original story properly.

Quick Reply: Street Racing Death