Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Steps to become an Audi TECH! :D

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 01:13 PM
Default Steps to become an Audi TECH! :D

Well, My dream has always been to become a vehicle tech, it was supposed to be with BMW (this was when I was 16) I wanted to get general car tech degree at the local college South Plains in Levelland TX. Then head to UTI for the BMW step. Well obviously I want to become an audi tech now (im now 18). Is there anyway I can do it through Audi besides the Step program?

Old 03-10-2009, 08:27 PM
1st Gear

Your best option is actually to prep for ASE certification. I'm not familiar with any specific Texas regs, but you want to take classes to prep you for the test and you want a job so you can get the hours for the ASE requirements. The tests are fairly easy except for the Automatic transmission one. If you take the right college courses, you won't need UTI or WyoTech (which is what I graduated from.) Dealerships send their techs to Audi certified programs and pay for them out of their own pocket. If you want to work for an Audi dealership, get a job there now as a porter or apprentice. Remember, dealerships are franchises and not directly affiliated with the auto manufacturers. The easiest way, in my opinion, is from the inside. Don't be afraid to go to the Service Manager at the Audi dealership and tell him what you want to do. You might even get hired on the spot.