Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Sry to have to say this

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 03:54 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Sry to have to say this

DO NOT BUY IT

If he has the 6 speed, and had to replace that tranny? That ******* ******* did not know how to drive and that engine is toast too.

You should NEVER destroy one of those trannies. They are so ******* solid.

And if the engine isnt ready to die (which you probably cant tell because V8s rumble the same till they die) the rear end is done for.

**** dat son, go get ur torque from another fbody

Old 09-14-2005, 04:02 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: headshok2002

He already DID have one, and he DID beat the hell out of it (and the cars parked along the side of the road).

Stupid mustangs... and the camaro will likely be faster. Sheesh! I dont know why you'd want a straight line car these days, with gas how retarded it is, and cops ... well, cops how they are... and the unfortunate insurance spinoff. To each his own! I HAVE A CAMARO right now... and I will rarely defend them. They are fun to beat on... but jesus, domestic cars really lick. I'd never ever own one as my only car. If a z28 was my daily driver... I'd sell it and buy a bus pass.
watch it....

Old 09-14-2005, 04:03 AM

IM not worried. I heard of a few trannys going bad form teh camaro message baords and it was a defect. Plus not being able to drive a tranny wont kill ur engine. It way not be teh best for it but it will be fine. The LS1 is a beast.

Old 09-14-2005, 04:04 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: apg96

hah au guys are some funny. Haha i wil try and keep it off the parked cars and i will test to see if that will ahppen when i test it cause i wont buy it then. And as far as rattles what do i care i cant hear anything outside anyways with how loud my music is and with the exhuast of the car. I want it mostly so i can road race it and i will be redoing the suspension on it. But the axle wont swing like the stang did and i wont put 4.10 gears in it.
...and trust me... if you have any love for cars... you'll hear it rattle. it doesn't matter HOW loud the stereo is, then something goes even slightly wrong with my car... i hear it.

but if you don't give a sh*t about cars or are completly useless with them... that'll work.

but me? i knew the second my timing belt started to wear

Old 09-14-2005, 04:06 AM
1st Gear

no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
you are just wrong, and I am right. Admit it now.

if you can't drive and destroy an ******* T56 tranny, you sure as **** can't take care of an engine or keep form beating the **** out of it.

buy at your own risk, I warned you. I know Fbodys quite well.

Old 09-14-2005, 04:06 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: apg96

IM not worried. I heard of a few trannys going bad form teh camaro message baords and it was a defect. Plus not being able to drive a tranny wont kill ur engine. It way not be teh best for it but it will be fine. The LS1 is a beast.
revving too high then engaging the clutch too hard won't kill your engine?
if i put my car to 6000 RPM... then drop the clutch hard into the nextr gear bogging the engine back to 2000 RPM... that's some hardcore wear.

Old 09-14-2005, 04:17 AM

I agrre with check on this one. I agree that teh not being able to drive might have a connection to not taking care of teh engine but it wouldnt directly cause taht unless he did what check said.

I will know when something on my car breaks. But the stupid rattles taht are just around for no reason i will be able to ignore. I havent even driven the car yet guys so i havent even seen the car in person. There is more than one way to know if teh carhas been abused and with the car and the few mods and how he sounded on teh phoen it has been driven.

Old 09-14-2005, 10:56 AM
5th Gear

90% of z28's have been driven dude... 99 % of the 6 spds have also been driven, and we're talking driven hard.

Opti-spark is due as well, if it hasnt been changed... not a huge deal, but if it hasnt been changed I'd be suprised to hear it was running 100%.

And where are you gonna road race apg? A z28 would likely get spanked... or are you talking like stupid street drag racing?

I don't even know anymore....

Old 09-14-2005, 11:19 AM
2nd Gear

I just don't care anymore. Your mind changes like I change my underwear. Tommorow you'll be talking about buying something else. When you do buy something else then let us know.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:47 PM

i think its pretty cool apg. big power rwd are so much fun. and nobody can take away the sweet sound of a v8. i had a 1990 mustang gt and that car was a blast, plus chicks love those type of cars. its a good thing not to be stuck on one car brand imo. get every car you want so you have no regrets.