Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Spot the difference.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 12:03 AM
SoCal Crew Member
Default Spot the difference.

Hint: it's in the wheels...

Old 09-14-2007, 12:23 AM
6th Gear
Default RE: Spot the difference.

dude, you have two different wheels on your car

Old 09-14-2007, 01:13 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Okay, you got me on that one.

But the two USP wheels...

I used two different spray cans.

BUT.

They were the SAME everything.

"Audi/VW touch-up spray paint."

Color code # LLSZ17, paint name of Avus silver. Bought at the same exact dealership about a week apart. The first can was purchased as a "match" to my 98 wheels. Okay, I think it matched pretty well. The second can was then ordered and I was told that I would be called a in a week when it came in. A week and a half rolled around, and I got ansy so I called the Miramar Audi stealership to check up.

Audi parts says "we don't have you in the computer... (!?!?!? #$%(&@!% [:@][:@]) can you hold on? (15 min wait..) We have your paint. Go over to the main dealership and they'll have it for you."

20 minutes of traffic later.. I get to the parts department. I want to pick up my paint.

"Nope, there's no one in the computer files for orders under Eric. We do have an Erica..(?!!?! [:@][:@]) You need to go back to the Audi parts shop down the street and ask them about it, because I can't help you (<--- most epic failure of customer service EVER.) Oh wait, did you pay for it? No? Here, I can sell you some of the exact stuff. (Z17, right? Avus Silver?) Oh yeah, that's it. (feeling slightly better [>:])

Go up to the cashier, who is busily chatting away with her girlfriend who is there. Finally notices me after 10 mins, rings me up and makes me sign the 2 forms that say god knows what. Get home.. finish painting the two remaining wheels, clearcoat goes on and I roll them out next to the other two.... WTF!!!

I am PISSED. Going in tomorrow to rip some heads off. I shouldn't have two drastically different colors in two of the same spray paint cans. I can understand that the mixture of the paints to create that color varies from batch to batch, but come on!! That much of a difference? [:@][:@][:'(]

Old 09-14-2007, 01:37 AM
6th Gear

yeah that is rediculous it's almost like the darker wheel is dolphin gray instead of Avus silver.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:39 AM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: CAB509

yeah that is rediculous it's almost like the darker wheel is dolphin gray instead of Avus silver.
Exactly!!

And the freaking centercaps look absolutely retarded on the darker ones. They're 100% out of place. [:@]

Old 09-14-2007, 01:56 AM
1st Gear

My desire for justice in the world makes me want to hope they'll fade to the same color over time or something weird like that, but I know it's not true[>:]. That sucks man.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:39 AM

dude!....I would be sooo pissed!....

so, why were you touching them up?... do they have some curb rash/peeling/fading?....

oh! I like your taste by the way!.....our cars look a little too similar, I could see myself in a parking lot standing next to your car clicking my fob like a retard...

do you have stock suspension?...for some reason you rcar looks a tad lower than mine...do you have sport suspension?

are they 18x8 or 8.5?...I think we have the same tires kumho ecsta supra 235/40/18

well nice ride, sorry bout you paint prob, you should roll up w the 2 different color wheels and just point ou tthe window at your car....

if I was the one who sold you the can I would give you a refund and the correct color....if your stealership has a quattro cafe, raid their mini fridge for sure!

gl!

Old 09-14-2007, 02:44 AM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: qUaTtRoA4

dude!....I would be sooo pissed!....

so, why were you touching them up?... do they have some curb rash/peeling/fading?....
All of the above.

oh! I like your taste by the way!.....our cars look a little too similar, I could see myself in a parking lot standing next to your car clicking my fob like a retard...
Hahaha, been there done that.

do you have stock suspension?...for some reason you rcar looks a tad lower than mine...do you have sport suspension?

are they 18x8 or 8.5?...I think we have the same tires kumho ecsta supra 235/40/18
You know I was looking at that as I was mounting the wheels tonight. I'm supposed to have the sport suspension, but my rear shocks are blue.. ?? The fronts are red though. I like the rear drop, front could go lower.

EDIT: Wheels are B6 OEM USP 18x8.5.
Tires are almost the same, but 235/35/18

well nice ride, sorry bout you paint prob, you should roll up w the 2 different color wheels and just point ou tthe window at your car....

if I was the one who sold you the can I would give you a refund and the correct color....if your stealership has a quattro cafe, raid their mini fridge for sure!
Planning on both. Then getting out and getting mister "I can't help you" to come out and show me how he helped me. [>:]

Old 09-14-2007, 02:50 AM

ORIGINAL: rhynolite

You know I was looking at that as I was mounting the wheels tonight. I'm supposed to have the sport suspension, but my rear shocks are blue.. ?? The fronts are red though. I like the rear drop, front could go lower.

EDIT: Wheels are B6 OEM USP 18x8.5.
Tires are almost the same, but 235/35/18

Planning on both. Then getting out and getting mister "I can't help you" to come out and show me how he helped me.
that sounds like a plan, should leave a friend in the car w a vid camera to record the guys expression....

weird about the blue springs in the back....I wouldn't be able to tell you?...

well, good luck tomorrow!

Old 09-14-2007, 04:03 AM
1st Gear

Good thing I waited for you to clarify what happened before posting...I was going to point out your hideous taste in wheel color.

But in all seriousness, I can't believe that you would go through all the work of repainting your wheels just to find out they don't match. Since it was their mistake entirely, I suggest telling them to repaint them for you with the correct color...that is way too much of your time that went to waste.

Quick Reply: Spot the difference.