Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

speeding ticket on hill, need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by mexican47
that makes sense!
i guess i'll look it up to just to make sure... thnx anyways!
No problem, im actually curious now as well, cuz i am from warrenton/astoria and Washington is only 5 mins away and i go quite frequently, now i wanna know what they are all about so i can avoid the hassle if anything ever does happen. not that it really matters cuz all i would have to do is submit a copy of my states law and get out of it, but still...

Old 12-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Tech Guru

I like how we have two threads in one. Mctavish and mexican are talking about speed signs in WA and OR and everyone else is talking about the ticket this guy got. It's priceless.

Old 12-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

this wasn't hill related, but my mother got out of a speeding ticket once because she said she was shifting to the next gear and thus had to accelerate.
the judge let her go.

Old 12-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Tech Guru

Nice judge. In my area if you're a teen driver and a first time offender he'll let you choose between taking a driving safety class or paying the fine. I took the class.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by mctavish11
No problem, im actually curious now as well, cuz i am from warrenton/astoria and Washington is only 5 mins away and i go quite frequently, now i wanna know what they are all about so i can avoid the hassle if anything ever does happen. not that it really matters cuz all i would have to do is submit a copy of my states law and get out of it, but still...
damn, i cant find anything on this!
the only thing i found is that "Washington allows drivers to exceed the speed limit while passing on two lane roads"
does anyone else know?

Old 12-04-2008, 07:36 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by S4sweetee
this wasn't hill related, but my mother got out of a speeding ticket once because she said she was shifting to the next gear and thus had to accelerate.
the judge let her go.
my grandmother got out of a ticket once by totally going ape **** on the cop. Its a funny intersection with the light on a concrete pillar planted right in the middle of the road. Going south thru the intersection, you pretty much drive straight across, but going north, you have to arc wide around the post. She drove straight thru, so, in the oncoming lane.

She bitched at the cop because it was a stupid light, and a stupid placement, and how the hell is anybody supposed to know you need to go the long way around.

I don't think he wanted to have to fight my grandmother to the ground and cuff her, so he just let her go.

Old 12-05-2008, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by airguard350
I like how we have two threads in one. Mctavish and mexican are talking about speed signs in WA and OR and everyone else is talking about the ticket this guy got. It's priceless.
ehhh it happens haha, at least our side convo was started off of his ticket question, so we all have the same roots

Originally Posted by mexican47
damn, i cant find anything on this!
the only thing i found is that "Washington allows drivers to exceed the speed limit while passing on two lane roads"
does anyone else know?
ya, i havent looked but i know thats the same in oregon, but i dont know if there is a limit as to how much you can go over while passing??? i need to do some research as well now.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:53 PM
2nd Gear

You admitted to going 78 if you try to fight that in court you will most likely lose. State police almost always show to court. There is NO law that says you can go 5 mph over the limit on a downgrade. He obviously didnt tag you in time if he didn't tell you an exact speed. Best bet go to court and plead guilty with an explanation.

and to who said we profile young kids because we think they all smoke weed, thats a pretty egregious statement.