Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

speeding ticket excuse

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 02:01 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: speeding ticket excuse

i loved my honda! it treated me very well. obviously i'm much happier with my audi, but i don't have any complaints about my honda, i loved her.....R.I.P....[X(]

Old 04-15-2005, 12:58 PM
4th Gear

what happened to your honda?

Old 04-15-2005, 03:13 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: bentframe

........the only accident i've ever been in was a cop running a stop sign and broad-siding my beautiful old honda.....the bastards totalled it...........

Old 04-15-2005, 06:28 PM
Administrator

the best excuse that i have come up with in my car from college..

"im having an issue with my throttle body or fuel delivery system...when i hit the gas, sometimes, i have to push the pedal down further to get it to accelerate, and when it does, it often does so in sudden quick bursts...i am on my way to a garage right now to have it looked it"

miraculously, no problem was ever found, and the issue never came back...

and one i have also used: "my girlfriend is pregnant, and called and said she was having pains and that "this might be it"..im very sorry sir, she has just been a mess lately.."

any cop that doesnt at least check into this one must be fairly heartless....or smarter than he looks..[8D]

Old 05-02-2005, 12:03 PM
2nd Gear

I think that it always helps to have a g/f with a good sense of humor.

Friday night was driving up to VT. My other friend and I are sleeping. It's pretty late. I wake up to find we have been pulled over. G/f says to me "oh well, my contribution to the state of VT. Cop asks her if she knows why she got pulled over. She says yes. He says do you know how fast you were going,

She says nope.

He says 79 (in a 65).

She says, "hey, it's a new car, and I usually drive a Tarus (she was driving my s4). What are you gonna do"

He gets the license, insurance, reg and walks away...

Comes back asks me how old the car is...I say 3 weeks...he tells me that my temporary reg is expired (it had, the dealer hadn't gotten the plates yet) and that he could impound the car and have it towed....but he is just giving us a warning...he says keep it at the speed limit and you should have no problem.

So, I guess it helps to have

a) your g/f driving
b) a new car
c) a cop in a good mood
d) a little luck

Old 05-02-2005, 08:05 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

"But officer, there was a butterfly on the hood of my car and i was just curious how fast i could go before it blew off"
My brother-in-law was a cop many years ago and this actually happened to him. He let the guy go.

Old 05-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Administrator

I was pulled over a while ago.. and the cop asked me why i was speeding.. I said "because I didnt see you there!" he laughed, and I told him that he had a great hiding spot. so he just said thanks and slow down next time

Old 05-02-2005, 10:23 PM
1st Gear

yeah stuff like that allways seems to work. my aunt and uncle keep a police hat in their rear windshield since their son used to be a cop. and they allways get off from speeding tickets. its also a very small town so all the cops know their son used to be a cop.

Old 05-02-2005, 11:36 PM

i want to get one of those stickers taht go on ur license taht when cops see it they dont give u a ticket. It just shows taht someone in ur fam is a cop. One of my firends is gonna try and get me one. His dad is the SWAT captain

Old 05-03-2005, 04:14 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

I was pulled over a while ago.. and the cop asked me why i was speeding.. I said "because I didnt see you there!" he laughed, and I told him that he had a great hiding spot. so he just said thanks and slow down next time
lmao....i am using this one next time...

Quick Reply: speeding ticket excuse