Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

speeding ticket excuse

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 02:43 AM
Default RE: speeding ticket excuse

ORIGINAL: bentframe

ORIGINAL: GeneBopp

Don't "just pay it." It will haunt you for years. I live in florida, there are all kinds of ticket defense lawyers here. They charge like 100 bucks. The one I used had a no points, no school guarentee. Look around, I bet there is a similar lawyer near you.
that is one of the most amazing things i have ever heard...i have never seen a lawyer like that here in cali though...probably different laws....

droo....i've been issued speeding tickets 10 times since i got my license about 5 years ago, and only 4 have made it to my record (three of which i chose not to fight)...two were thrown out because the officer didn't show up for the hearing (cali's court system is out of control though, that helps), and the other 4 i got removed by asking for two pieces of paper....first you ask to see the radar printout, and most of the time they will have it (i've heard of cases where the cops don't even bring that though)....then you ask to see the calibration printout for the gun that was used. every day they before they go out the guns have to be calibrated...if they don't have proof that it was calibrated correctly, than the radar printout becomes worthless. again, i live in california, we have different laws...but it works for me.
co u ask for the printouts in court or when u get the ticket?

also what imola said about the +7 mph IS TRUE i pass cops somethmes around 5 overand they dont doanything and i dont use a radar detector because i just keep my eye out, and it has never failed me, even today i was on a toll road at 90 and saw a cop pointed the direction i was going slowed down and passed at 60 and just waved to him And then 10 min after that i saw another one and slowed down once again. Just memorize what the cop cars in ur area look like (mine is crown victoria but a few are black camros so i check for the light bar.) Also slow for any motorcylce with a wind shield unless ur POSITIVE its not a cop. and the most important thing is i was at the long beach grand prix and they had cops recruitng there with the new bikes and they have radar in FRINT AND BACK it will read on there dash as u come up behind them. If u look its on the left rear side and is the size or a 1in pipe with a wite tip.

Old 04-12-2005, 02:48 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: apg96

do u ask for the printouts in court or when u get the ticket?
in court...don't ask when you get the ticket or he'll def have them when your court date comes...

Old 04-12-2005, 03:33 AM

my USMC Alumni Plates seem to be working for me. Better than the CHP 1199 foundation.

Old 04-12-2005, 03:44 AM
5th Gear

yes, military plates are definitely a big help

Old 04-12-2005, 04:34 AM

ORIGINAL: bentframe

yes, military plates are definitely a big help
OOhra to that. I am in the process of getting USMC Veteran Plates with the eagle globe and anchor. my gawd feeling pretty moti-v-a-t-e-d... agghh gimme some... oh yeah aoooragh. yo left right layuft. aghh leyefty righty layuft. OOhrah, oh yeah gimme some. Feeling good . . !

Old 04-12-2005, 11:12 AM
2nd Gear

well, i dont know what to say about these tickets any more. I have 10 of them my self and i have never even have gotten a warning, so i guess its just my "Luck", but you guys need to slow down because it sux being without license, believe me, i still have a month before i get it back

Old 04-12-2005, 11:33 AM

best excuse i've used myself and gotten off was I gotta take a really bad ****

Old 04-12-2005, 11:52 AM
2nd Gear

HAHAHAHAHAHA CLC, he was probably right after you because he had to take one also from the doughnuts [sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 04-12-2005, 12:41 PM
2nd Gear

I was passengering one day and my buddy said, "but officer I just put new wheels on and I dont know if my speeometer is off. My car said I was going 45." The cop looked at him and laughed he then wrote him for speeding and also gave him a seatbelt ticket. I was laughing sitting in the passenger seat. Sometimes stupidity should be painful and I think that one actually hurt. HAHA

Old 04-12-2005, 02:33 PM
Senior Administrator

FIRST, ya need to look into becoming a paid supporter of your States' FOP. You gets a cute l'il sticker to put either in your rear or rear-side windows. Costs abour $35.00. No guarantee that it'll let you skate (there are some SERIOUS Diks wearing uniforms), but it certainly won't count against you.

Secondly, if you're THAT prone to getting pulled over you should consider looking into Pre-Paid Legal, as well. Now, I'm not hawking thier wares, but, they WILL go to court FOR you, and, since they do it for a living, just like teh cops, they've got a pretty good handle on how to beat the system, or at least mitigate it.

Quick Reply: speeding ticket excuse