Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

soon-to-be sister in-law's half-sister?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 08:33 PM
Default soon-to-be sister in-law's half-sister?

so my older brother is engaged to this girl, and her younger half-sister has expressed that she is very interested in me. the feeling is mutual. so, i come to the all-knowing forum to see if this would be an inappropriate situation. also, this younger half-sister is currently in a relationship with one of my friends, but seems to want out of it. so is there a man-law that tells how long i have to wait after the split to date a friends ex? any advice is greatly appreciated, im lost in the woods without a flashlight.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Administrator
Default RE: soon-to-be sister in-law's half-sister?

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 10-17-2006, 08:45 PM

right you are, redgoat. although its whats on the inside that counts.. [&:][IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/8954/26ADCFD981EB472F9BACF6FB1F97BC00.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/8954/D006D9390C3341AB8FEC4B96BA00096A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-17-2006, 08:46 PM

yeah i put the same picture twice... im not so swift with the "file upload" feature.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:46 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

better find out how your friend feels about the girl. if he's not ready to end it and she is, then you may not have a friend for very long. i don't know what the "man rule" is since i'm a woman. doesn't sound like a very good situation. is it worth losing the friend for a girl you may or may not have a long term relationship with? that is for YOU to decide.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:48 PM

goodcall.. i am now late for work so will post back on this when i get home.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:48 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: sneakerpro

so my older brother is engaged to this girl, and her younger half-sister has expressed that she is very interested in me. the feeling is mutual. so, i come to the all-knowing forum to see if this would be an inappropriate situation. also, this younger half-sister is currently in a relationship with one of my friends, but seems to want out of it. so is there a man-law that tells how long i have to wait after the split to date a friends ex? any advice is greatly appreciated, im lost in the woods without a flashlight.
Yes the Man rule is that your friend must die before you can date his ex. Proper morning time after his death differs by how close a friend he was, but 100 years sounds fair.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:55 PM
Administrator

take it from me dont steal gurls from other guys, bad things happen to you, i never been cheated on but bad things happen to me relationship wise
and i dont know about this sister in law dating thing also

what pops in ur head if ur friend tells you this is my gurl friend who is also my sister in law, i know its not blood but it still seems weird

Old 10-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: jtehan

Yes the Man rule is that your friend must die before you can date his ex. Proper morning time after his death differs by how close a friend he was, but 100 years sounds fair.
There is a little-known codec, in the law, that permits you to ASK PERMISSION, but she hasta be UBER-HOT, the ONLY datable(*) girl left in, like, a 50-mile radius, and your friend hasta be already married (or, at least DEEPLY engaged to be married) before you ask.

(*this assumes you've previously dated all non-2-baggers in said radius that weren't previously boned by your bud. If ANY 1-baggers that ahve not yet been tapped, by YOU, are still around, you MUST exhaust that resource, FIRST!)

MAN LAW!

Old 10-17-2006, 09:45 PM
4th Gear

is currently in a relationship with one of my friends, but seems to want out of it.
Seems to want? How hard is it? If she wants out so she can date you, then she needs to get on that. Don't cheat with her. Tell her if she wants to date you, then she has to break up first. At least then you will know that she is a little serious about seeing you and not just about having a little fling. Ignore all that if all you want is a little fling and you don't mind screwing your friend over.

As a general rule, I would say that your friend is going to have problems with this no matter what, so you better get ready for that. People are different though. He may end up being happy for you both. I've seen that happen before, but it is a long shot.

Quick Reply: soon-to-be sister in-law's half-sister?